Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC sport not taking it well at all - dozens of cry-arse comments from the heartlands of the RS ...

For Everton to win the League they will need 90 + points, the Leicester title win was a freak, it will take a significant drop off from Liverpool, and others for Everton to win the league. Top 4 is a possibility, top 6 more likely. Don't get carried away Everton fans.
Paul, Luton

Folk going on about Everton winning title or top 4 yet any team playing a poor Spurs side, and 3 teams who will finish in bottom 6-7 West Brom, Palace and Brighton would have fancied 4 wins too!
CJE, Halifax

Dean Woodward
: Aren't Everton being massively overhyped, considering they've played probably the easiest first 3-4 games of the season compared to the other top 6-7 teams?

Winning the league shouts are a little in jest anyway I feel, we are just having a good time right now. Yes it will probably take another 90+ point season to do it and the RS will rightly be favourites again but if we don’t have a good go at top 4 with teams dropping points already and fixtures beginning to mount up when Europe starts up I’ll now be disappointed.

....I’ve been on here a long, long time and like a broken record I’ve banged on about a lack of threat in the top third. I’m banging on no more, it’s what’s making the difference.

Mina, Rodriguez, Doucoure all terrific but I’m going for Iwobi. Understandably lambasted by many on here, some like @Groucho reckoned ‘there’s a player in there’.

Personally, I clung onto one magnificently clever pass Iwobi made in last season‘s Anfield Derby where he put Kean in on goal, but today there was a couple of more ‘that’ll do me” moments. I thought the little pass into Doucoure for Rodriguez’s 2nd goal was better than his cross for the first. in that moment he showed great vision and composure to wait and then ignore the overlap of Digne.

Iwobi, perhaps there’s a player in there.

Agreed. His ball to Doucoure was superb, and would have been the moment of the match from a neutral perspective, but for the last minute worldy from them.
You need your creative players to open teams up to make scoring effortless. Iwobi did that twice. More please Alex.

Big Yerry MOTM for me. Second half performance especially when Brighton dominated possession, if they had got their second much earlier things could have got a bit nervy. He was blocking and heading away everything (including Pickford!).

He knows he has to get in front of anything and everything because he has zero faith in his keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.