Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC sport not taking it well at all - dozens of cry-arse comments from the heartlands of the RS ...

For Everton to win the League they will need 90 + points, the Leicester title win was a freak, it will take a significant drop off from Liverpool, and others for Everton to win the league. Top 4 is a possibility, top 6 more likely. Don't get carried away Everton fans.
Paul, Luton

Folk going on about Everton winning title or top 4 yet any team playing a poor Spurs side, and 3 teams who will finish in bottom 6-7 West Brom, Palace and Brighton would have fancied 4 wins too!
CJE, Halifax

Dean Woodward
: Aren't Everton being massively overhyped, considering they've played probably the easiest first 3-4 games of the season compared to the other top 6-7 teams?

We're going to have to out score Liverpool to have any chance based on how horrid Pickford is looking

Walcott also looked useless

No complaints with anyone else today

Felt both Siggy and Davies made the most of their chance today

Walcott needs launching.

More interested in his hair band than putting any effort in. We had a chance to break before they scored their 2nd, DCL controlled it well, and Theo just stood there, So Dom had to go backwards to Delph and we lost the ball again.

Really great time to be an Evertonian.

we have got to hope that richy, Allan, Seamus don’t go on international duty because of their respective niggles.

that way even if Mina and James have a long way to travel (massive concern for me) we have quite well rested and recovered players to make up for them.

I think Godfrey could come in for Mina if he is tired although it would be a tough game to throw him in for.

James is the wildcard, can be play on Wednesday morning and again Saturday in a different time zone?

BBC sport not taking it well at all - dozens of cry-arse comments from the heartlands of the RS ...

For Everton to win the League they will need 90 + points, the Leicester title win was a freak, it will take a significant drop off from Liverpool, and others for Everton to win the league. Top 4 is a possibility, top 6 more likely. Don't get carried away Everton fans.
Paul, Luton

Folk going on about Everton winning title or top 4 yet any team playing a poor Spurs side, and 3 teams who will finish in bottom 6-7 West Brom, Palace and Brighton would have fancied 4 wins too!
CJE, Halifax

Dean Woodward
: Aren't Everton being massively overhyped, considering they've played probably the easiest first 3-4 games of the season compared to the other top 6-7 teams?

they have good points, but show me a set of fans who wouldn’t be buzzing with 7 straight wins

Also they don’t appreciate how difficult games like Spurs/Brighton/West Brom have been for us in the past

Paul, Luton

CJE, Halifax

Dean Woodward
Tottenham, and a on form Crystal Palace? Irrelevant anyway as you have to win the games against the weaker teams to do anything

Yet again a performance were bar 1 player its difficult to choose,I went for Davies,he takes a lot of stick but he was good today,looked like he had been given a set role and stuck to it

He clearly wasn't motm but he made a lot of tackles, i did have to laugh because he got so unlucky with them all going straight to a Brighton player.

....I’ve been on here a long, long time and like a broken record I’ve banged on about a lack of threat in the top third. I’m banging on no more, it’s what’s making the difference.

Mina, Rodriguez, Doucoure all terrific but I’m going for Iwobi. Understandably lambasted by many on here, some like @Groucho reckoned ‘there’s a player in there’.

Personally, I clung onto one magnificently clever pass Iwobi made in last season‘s Anfield Derby where he put Kean in on goal, but today there was a couple of more ‘that’ll do me” moments. I thought the little pass into Doucoure for Rodriguez’s 2nd goal was better than his cross for the first. in that moment he showed great vision and composure to wait and then ignore the overlap of Digne.

Iwobi, perhaps there’s a player in there.
if Carlo can unearth the JJ Okocha genes within him, then yes, there's a player in there

Status
Not open for further replies.