Match Thread Everton v Brentford - Up for the Cup Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brenford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s who I went for too. Definitely understand the Gomes shouts, but for me Allan popped up everywhere and that assist was tasty.
I think there is a good case for Allan playing so well because Gomes had and vice versa. Too often it has only been one of our midfielders having a cracker, yesterday it was both. I think they both contributed to each. Others performance and long may it continue!

That's more like it out the last manager to shame with what was being served up. So many positives.

On the front foot attack is the best form of defence.

Most improved after a week was Keane and Holgate the entire back line looked as though they played the last 20 without change,

Movement throughout from start to finish. Gomes best match for a very long time, lovely goal by Richy.

Gordon man of the match, he really does get it... Senses the moment and goes for it.

Laughing at Brentford fans defending sending back loads of tickets "Everton failed to sell out too. So they can’t have any complaints ? " Attendance was 37k, Brentford sent 2.5k back doesn't mean we failed to sell out.
Brentford were my local league team for many yrs. Never really had away day regulars the ones that do nowadays think they are the firm so fair few scruffy bells.

No way would we of won yesterday's game in the manner we did under Benitez. At best we'd of hung on at 2-1 for a horribly narrow and nervous win and more then likely we'd of crumbled the second they scored and ended up losing either in extra time or on pens. Even if we'd somehow found ourselves 3-1 up there's no way that we'd of continued to press Brentford like we did thus helping us get the forth goal. We'd of sat back and probably conceded again making the game 3-2 and turned a morale boosting big win into a nail baiting stumble over the line. Thank God we have a manager that isn't determined to play as negatively as possible anymore!

Still trying to comprehend how the same players can be so different. I don’t think it is possible to overstate the difference in performance from the previous manager and interim manager game.

The whole thing was improved, every player contributed, every player seemed to understand the plan.

Gomes for me, but could have been almost anyone of them. Of course there is a new manager vibe, but the whole place was buzzing, seriously no groaning and moaning from the crowd, players looked different, almost growing in stature, loved every blooming’ minute of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.