Match Thread Everton v Brentford - Up for the Cup Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brenford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue to the bone

Player Valuation: £70m
So it's back to the Fa Cup this weekend. Since we lost to Norwich in the league all has been quiet and Everton have hardly been in the news at all !!
It's been crazy. Benitex sacked not before time. A new manager search played out in the media which got fractious. Protests , graffiti, insults and rumours where we finally ended up with Frank Lampard . A deadline day where we saw Donny van der been and Dele Alli arrive.
It certainty wasn't boring.
Chelsea+v+Brentford+FA+Cup+Fourth+Round+Replay+pqE4urZw_cEx.jpg

Back to matters on the pitch and the cup might just prove a welcome distraction. A chance for Frank to put his stamp on things without massive pressure for a few days. Opponents Brentford are in a similar position.
Goodison should be fairly raucous. A win will boost confidence. So come on blues into these and give us a reason to smile . It's been a while
UTFT

Tough game, as all games at Goodison seem to be in recent years - sadly. Brentford are no mugs, and Eriksen could run rings around our midfield if they deem him fit and ready to play. I've said this for many games, but man for man we are the better team, yet we haven't been able to work successfully as a cohesive unit for a long, long time. I desperately hope the new manager can change this asap, but don't expect it to click too quickly. I still see a tough relegation battle ahead and think we're up against it, and I don't think Lampard would be gutted to see us exit this competition in order to keep players fit and stay in this division. Let's face it, as soon as we play one of the better teams we're out anyway.

Tough game, as all games at Goodison seem to be in recent years - sadly. Brentford are no mugs, and Eriksen could run rings around our midfield if they deem him fit and ready to play. I've said this for many games, but man for man we are the better team, yet we haven't been able to work successfully as a cohesive unit for a long, long time. I desperately hope the new manager can change this asap, but don't expect it to click too quickly. I still see a tough relegation battle ahead and think we're up against it, and I don't think Lampard would be gutted to see us exit this competition in order to keep players fit and stay in this division. Let's face it, as soon as we play one of the better teams we're out anyway.
I think he will want to start with a WIN, no way will he go into this hoping.

He will set his stall out and so he should!

A win, hard fought one but a win for me!

UTFT

Based on what we have, considering 3 of our January signings are ineligible for this one, I’d go for this line up

Pickford

Patterson
Mina
Godfrey
Mykolenko

Allan
Gomes
Gbamin

Gray
DCL
Richarlison

Subs
Begovic, Coleman, Branthwaite, Keane, Townsend, Iwobi, Gibson, Tosun, Onyango

Lampard hasn't had enough time on the training ground to have instilled any drastically new tactics in to the team so Saturday's game will come down to whether the players are willing to put the extra 20% effort in for the new manager.

I'm hoping we'll see a positive reaction but I'm not getting my hopes up too early. Miracles just don't happen at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.