Match Thread Everton v Brentford - Up for the Cup Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brenford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to get a bit worried about him going forward. Obviously he shouldn't start this game if he has a knock.
Thankfully our new man will know this and give him time to ease the knock for Tuesday, if it was Benitez he’d probably start him regardless like he did Mina

Happy enough with that mate, I'm thinkin he may rest a few of the normal first teamers?
Id like to go pretty strong because we need to win a football match. A loss at home to start off wont do us any good.

Only ones I'd look to rest are likes of DCL who has a knock and Coleman and maybe Mina, who can't play twice in 3 days. Other than that, go as strong as possible. We have injuries and 3 cup tied so can't make wholesale changes anyway.

It's a serious shame that this is Frank's first match and we can't play either of the two new signings.

I suspect though he will go with a mix of experience and youth.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Godfrey Mykolenko
Gomes Allan
Townsend Gordon Grey
Richarlison

Begovic, Patterson, Keane, Holgate, Onyango, JPG, Dobbin, Iwobi, Rondon,

Midfield is a real worry without Doucoure, VDB and Alli, which is why I don't think he will go 4-3-3 unless he wants to throw Onyango into the fray...

A 2-1 win is optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.