Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dare I say we will miss Delph...? Allan just doesn't seem as disciplined as a DM he wants to press, I suppose it should be ok at home but it might leave gaps for Erikson which is why I would go for a three of Allan, Doucoure and Iwobi.
Problem will be not having a cm comfterble on the ball. Start dcl and launch it and get richalsion, iwobi, gordon feeding off the second balls

Being both Candid and objective here I feel like our recent successes have been delivered by keeping clean sheets or restricting the opposition attacking chances. This, brought about by some resolute defending in numbers, Jordan Pickford returning to his sunderland form, and a huge amount of good fortune, has given us a platform to get results.
Unfortunately our attack has suffered both from a reduction in opportunities(moving Iwobi back to wing back) and an inability to be clinical with the few chances we have had.
So how does this impact tomorrow's game? Lampards would be crazy to change the formation. Nothing Brentford have suggests we need to redessign our formula to nulify theirs.
Defence stays as is. Midfield 2 of Doucoure and Allan forced upon him by sicknote Delph. Hopefully Allan has been watching Delph video's this week. Niether Gomes, Davies or VDB are match honed and this is too big a risk to trust them. Up front he has options and the return of DCL makes sense to be more clinical (if he is up for it) Richy to the left and Gordon on the right for sheer energy, to help the midfield 2 not get over run. Out of possession we revert to a 5-4-1.
From the bench he has options like Grey, Rondon and Dele if we are behind. If we are ahead make subs later and shore up the midfield, taking off Gordon.
UTFT!!!

In the Cup game that Jansson at the back had a stinker so more of the same tomorrow please.
I think they will have 8 players who played in the cup game playing tomorrow and we had Gomes in our midfield that day…we should not be complacent given their addition of Eriksen but we have got to fancy ourselves in this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.