Match Thread Everton v Borehamwood - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a top night out. Loads of friendly Scousers, as always. I’m Chelsea when I’m not Boreham Wood and TBH if it were nil-nil at Stamford Bridge against a bunch of non-leaguers, we wouldn’t exactly be shouting the roof off. But honestly, it was really loud throughout, with the sound reverberating off the old tin roof.
Good luck against Palace.
Cheers mate. Your team did you proud. We need some luck ?

Hahahaha yerssssss

Cry more about how a Premier league support couldn't be arsed against a non league team on a Thursday night.

Ha Ha, Rosa, what a clown. Yes, she has half a point, and having sat in the rain watching the match last night I now realise the significance of the "bore" bit in the club's name. The point she got right was that their team wanted it more, they wanted '0-0' more and they managed to get it after 45, but failed miserably to achieve it after 120 minutes so they could go for the penalties they'd hoped for. My god, I don't think we've ever had fans that posh in Goodison either, their (highly original) pronunciation of "Is this the library" was so bloody posh, I expected them to follow it up with "and is there a Waitrose near by old chap?"

Apologies if this has already been posted.
Frank Lampard's text message to Boreham Wood manager after they beat Bournemouth to set up last nights Goodison clash.
1646409628375.png

I found that hard to watch last night.

Hat's off to BW, they made it difficult for us, and defended well.

We showed our usually like of guile and attacking imagination.

Glad we made it through.

I had a top night out. Loads of friendly Scousers, as always. I’m Chelsea when I’m not Boreham Wood and TBH if it were nil-nil at Stamford Bridge against a bunch of non-leaguers, we wouldn’t exactly be shouting the roof off. But honestly, it was really loud throughout, with the sound reverberating off the old tin roof.
Good luck against Palace.
You and the team did your club proud ,I will watch for your results and wish you all the best .

Just got back from Liverpool, had a fantastic day/night few pints in the Chepstow with the Everton and Boreham Woods support was amazing.
Apart from the rain Everything about being at Everton was great, even your old bill are friendly, stewards did a fantastic job.
You should be proud to support such a great club, the fans were welcoming and helpful we got a bit lost around Stanley Park after the game and tried to ring an Uber from the petrol station but they wouldn’t come there ? Everton fans guided us to the bus stop and told us to get the Number 17 back to the City centre as luck would have it one was there.
Uncertain times ahead but I am sure you will be fine, I will cheering you on against those South London muppets good luck finding it ?

I’m genuinely puzzled by your post. I was at the back of the away fans’ stand and we sung loudly and passionately throughout. Couldn’t hear Everton sing at all but that may be because we were in such an enclosed space (proper old skool with obstructed views and wooden seats). A few of the Wood fans were being unnecessarily abusive to the nearby EFC fans behind the goal but the atmosphere was amazing and we were really loud. Ask your fans at the other end!
I could hear your lot singing.

Typed in "Who are Bor—" and about fifty tousand 'who are boreham wood and where do they play" searches showed up.
Well, after reading that they are in the top tier of non-league football i feel pretty chuffed over our win!

This was my first trip to goodison in 20 years. Was a regular growing up, but now live in Derby so getting there is a pain. Anyway, took my 4 kids with me for their 1st ever match, and they were awestruck. Reminded me of my 1st match, which was also under the lights. It was amazing and I felt quite emotional. It was my 13 yo daughters birthday and she's a die hard evertonian. She loved it. Couldn't stop grinning for the 1st 20 mins even though we were pedestrian to say the least. She sang her little heart out even though many around us didn't. Got involved with the "who are yer" chants after the goal. Even asked if she was allowed to replace "red side" with "red sh*#e". She said she wouldn't replace hell with "f^*k" :D. Anyway, to the fans sat around us, you were awesome. Asked others to stop standing so the kids could see properly. I appreciate it's a footy match and people often stand, but to see the consideration for the younger fans was great! Thanks.

Anyhow, to stay on topic, watching on the TV does not highlight how slow we were to move the ball. Keane takes about 15 mins to decide who he's going to pass it too. Saw the gestures of the keeper and other defenders asking him to play the ball rather than think about the pass for so long. Gordon was energetic and had a desire to keep going. How half of our players can't keep the ball from blazing over the bar is mind boggling. My daughter can hit better shots than that, seriously. She spend hours in the garden with the samba goal smashing them into the corners. Was great to get back, but not the greatest game. Boreham's fans sang for the 90. We only got animated after the goal. I appreciate that we've put up with turgid football for too many years but wasn't the atmosphere I remembered.

TL : DR

Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Kids loved it. Game could've been better!
Awesome post! Very vivid

Status
Not open for further replies.