Match Thread Everton v Borehamwood - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Full strength. Get 2-0 up at HT and make 5 subs. No point going all out v Hull and Brentford to mess around here. We are 180 minutes from Wembley. We aren't going down ok, everyone stop worrying. Do the job, make 5 subs and pray for a good draw before we kick off

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Keane Mykolenko
Allan
Gomes Doucoure
Gordon Richie Townsend

HT subs Patterson Branthwaite Onyango Dobbin Rondon

Just watched Frank's pre match ,he is not a stupid man .He faced all the points head on and for me he did well ,no disrespect for anyone .COYB
Some daft questions today, especially the one about Chelsea and Abrahmovic.

He did well to get round to saying hes manager of Everton in the end.

But what do theses hacks thing a manager is privvy to? "Abrahmovic was told by Putin where he'd be hiding and I can share that with you now......"

We put a stronger team out v Liverpool reserves in the cup three years ago and - - - well you know the rest.
Yep.....that was an awful defeat. For what it's worth , I never felt comfortable with the line ups used by previous managers. There was always something not quite right. I was always just hoping that Everton would win football matches. Rather than feeling 100% that we would. And of course we have in recent years been surprised by some of our good results. But not enough imo. Nowhere near enough. The inconsistency has always baffled and annoyed me.
And as far as past managers have performed. They mostly stuck with the same old under performing players. Sticking with Holgate
and Keane. Gomes......iwobi.....Coleman......Rondon ( what's that about).
And no manager really addressed our midfield. Bits and pieces here and there. But not a complete reliable midfield. Think now that Lampard will. ( at long last).
Anyhow.......ramble now over. Who knows what Everton will do tomorrow night. Hope that we don't go too weak. Our weaker mainly useless players just might not cope. Go strong until we hopefully get a decent lead. Then canter home. But who knows.
And in the summer when we are still in the PL , Mr Lampard and his coaches sort these players out. I have a little faith in Lampard to do the right things. Didn't really have faith in past managers. Up The Toffees.
Ps......And no more humiliating defeats like that one v the Liverpool reserves. Ramble and rant now over.

Last edited:
Full strength. Get 2-0 up at HT and make 5 subs. No point going all out v Hull and Brentford to mess around here. We are 180 minutes from Wembley. We aren't going down ok, everyone stop worrying. Do the job, make 5 subs and pray for a good draw before we kick off

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Keane Mykolenko
Allan
Gomes Doucoure
Gordon Richie Townsend

HT subs Patterson Branthwaite Onyango Dobbin Rondon
spot on. Put this tie to bed early doors. Then make those substitutions that you have stated. Get through this tie. Then draw Middlesboro at Goodison in the next round. Sounds good. Up The Toffees......

Pickford
Kenny Keane Branthwaite Mykolenko
Iwobi Gomes Doucoure Townsend
Alli
Rondon
No point knackering our better players for the game on Monday, which is far far far more important than this one. Doucoure, Mykolenko and Alli could do with the match practice though here.
Keane.....iwobi and Gomes in that wee triangle. JJ Kenny would need to be on his game. Non league or not , Boreham Wood will try and target our weakest link.........Keane. He needs protecting. Don't think Iwobi and Gomes are the players to do that .
But if Everton can get on the front foot right from the off. And maintain that pressure through the match. Then maybe our defenders will not be under much pressure. Keane should cope with that. Let's see.
Up The Toffees.....

Pickford
Kenny Keane Branthwaite Mykolenko
Iwobi Gomes Doucoure Townsend
Alli
Rondon
No point knackering our better players for the game on Monday, which is far far far more important than this one. Doucoure, Mykolenko and Alli could do with the match practice though here.
Not a bad team except Alli is cup tied and I wish Gomes was too!!

Keane.....iwobi and Gomes in that wee triangle. JJ Kenny would need to be on his game. Non league or not , Boreham Wood will try and target our weakest link.........Keane. He needs protecting. Don't think Iwobi and Gomes are the players to do that .
But if Everton can get on the front foot right from the off. And maintain that pressure through the match. Then maybe our defenders will not be under much pressure. Keane should cope with that. Let's see.
Up The Toffees.....

He needs dropping.

Some daft questions today, especially the one about Chelsea and Abrahmovic.

He did well to get round to saying hes manager of Everton in the end.

But what do theses hacks thing a manager is privvy to? "Abrahmovic was told by Putin where he'd be hiding and I can share that with you now......"
Daft question is the not word! What the hell did that have to do with our game? Sky are ridiculous sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.