Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa (Thursday 16 July 18:00) - MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very difficult team to pick after the last game.
It is even hard to predict the formation but I think it may be.

Pickford

Coleman
Holgate
Keane
Digne

Sigurdsson
Gomes

Gordon
Richarlison
DCL
Walcott.

I think however that Richarlison would do better if moved back out onto the wing.
Teams now seem to foul him every time he gets possession and we are very limited creatively without him. You can even see that he is fouled by a rota of different players to avoid bookings. He would have more freedom and space on the wing.
I would then play Iwobi behind DCL with Richarlison and Gordon wide... both players who do their fair share of defending.

There are single celled organisms on as yet undiscovered planets that are able to successfully pass a football 4 y
sacked by a few clubs......But not to worry......he managed to get Everton to beat a misfiring Leicester City.
And yes some of our players are useless. So let's see how Ancelotti fares when he can (hopefully) change things around.
I think that he has his hands full with this Everton squad. You think.that he will work out ok. Let's see.
And just once more........I couldn't give a #### what he did with other clubs or 20 years ago.........he's at Everton now.

:dodgy: :red:

So hard to pick a team. Everton cannot keep rewarding crap performances game after game with more game time. Some dont still deserve to be listed on starting 11 below but we can play the youths or can we?

Joao

Digne
Holgate
Keane
Sid

Bernard
Gomes
Gordon
Richarldson

Kean
Dcl

Ancelotti on midfield criticism
In general we have to improve everywhere. I think that, in this period, what we showed is that sometimes in midfield we needed more power, we needed more quality.

What Ancelotti told players
I was really surprised and I marked this to the players. It's not acceptable, I said. I'm sure in the next three games we are going to have a different attitude.

Code for - I bollocked them.
Not sure that's his style

Status
Not open for further replies.