Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been saying it for a while … the reason we have such little possession isn’t because we sit back and invite teams onto us.

It’s because our players cannot pass a football, control a football , run into space or know when to attempt a pass.

We give it back within 5-10 seconds after chasing the ball for about the previous 5 mins.

We are terrible

That's tactics imo.

Dyche clearly tells and trains them to look up as soon as they receive and to ping a pass if there's a runner on towards the corner flag.

Even if nothing comes of it can still squeeze up the pitch and press that way.

Anyone every expecting a team managed by Dyche to have even 50% possession most weeks is going to be waiting a very long time as that's not what he has them doing on the training pitch so isn't suddenly going to transform on a matchday.

If this club can come out the other side in 18 months with new ground and a better ownership then you look at a Graham Potter type manager as he would be focusing on that side of the game as seen at Brighton.

Absolutely. He's not got it at this level and if someone came with 10m, I'd be taking that as well. When I think of our midfield of the 80's and have to watch this, I despair.
I don’t think he’s terrible I just don’t see how £60m wouldn’t be great business and provide money to invest in the squad.

Just seems to have all the traits to be more effective and dominant.

Both sides have an offside goal rightly disallowed and both teams missed sitters, Dom's was worse though. I think that's a more than fair result. Always good to pick up points against one of the best teams in the league and Villa are that at the minute. I didn't have us getting a single point until Palace so this is a good result for me.

Clear aim for the club is get through this season, get new owners and reinforce the squad in the Summer. We're very close to being a very decent side, we just lack the depth at times. Nice to see Doucoure and McNeil back today, they're so important for us and Mykolenko saved that point, he's turned into a great defending fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.