Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My fear is that he’ll have them so wound up they’ll come out all gung ho, fail to score in the first 10 minutes and Villa will hit them on the break, score, and sit back.
Hope not. We all fear what this bunch of player's will do. But a few of them can play football. We all know our triers. Let's hope that the others keep up. We can't fear a football match. We can't fear anyteam.
For the first time in a few months I think that we have a fighting chance. Surely no Rondon will help matters ( although I don't blame him for everything. It was the clown that kept playing him). And maybe no Coleman or Keane. Or at the very least , no mistakes from those two.
Up The Toffees. Duncan fearless Toffees.

View attachment 152907
View attachment 152908

This is the team he picked to beat Chelsea in Dec 2019, I mean look at the midfield he had to pick. He has far better resources available this time around.

Gordon or Townsend Allan Dacoure Gray

Is a much stronger midfield unit, Mina available at the back plus options of Godfrey and Branthwaite.
Pretty confident going into this game for the first time in a long while.
Wasn't it Sidibe who found space and crossed for Richarlson to nod in our first goal. Now wouldn't it be something if that move was replicated. Planned. Only Patterson crosses this time for Richy. A start like that would be something. Does lightning strike twice in the same place. I hope so. Anyhow........we have a chance tomorrow. A fighting chance. With Benetiz I always feared the worse.
Up The Toffees.

Last edited:

That is the bl**ding media for you, creeps.
it's his team though. His tactics. Just like the rubbish that we have endured the past few months was Benetizs team. Didn't mean that he owned the club. And tomorrow is Big Duncan Ferguson's team. And tactics.
Let's rock and roll. Up The Toffees. Big Duncan Toffees.

Here's my stab at picking the team. For what it's worth.
Pickford.
Patterson........Mina......Holgate........Godfrey..
Townsend......Allen.......Doucoure.
DCL........Richarlson......Gray. ( all interchanging).

Braithewaite if fit, would be playing instead of Holgate . Onyango would be in if Allen is not fit. No passengers tomorrow ( Coleman....our new LB......Keane and Gomes). And thank fook that Iwobi is in Africa.
And believe it or not , Rondon on the bench. But not to be used unless we go 3 up. And are coasting. He can't loose us the game from a winning position. Keane and Coleman could.
Let's rock and roll. Up The Toffees.......

I think it will be 1-1

Loads of effort at the start but slippy will want his players to play keep ball to quieten the crowd.

I think it will be 1-1

Loads of effort at the start but slippy will want his players to play keep ball to quieten the crowd.
If take 1-1. But only if we go behind. If we get I lead, i'd be looking for us to push on. Get a second. But who knows. Expecting a performance tomorrow. But who knows.

Can anyone tell me the last time Digne 'bombed' forward? flattered to deceive that lad when he was here.
Last weekend he got forward pretty well in his debut for them. Also whenever Rafael Benitez wasn’t his manager. He was absolutely brilliant his first couple seasons here particularly going forward. Also with France. Let’s not let recency bias skew our memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.