Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember being so emotional about a game. Tomorrow, we must recover our pride and passion. Talk of Lee Carsley joining the management team fills me with optimism.

He loves this club.

Only managers that have worn the RBJ have won us anything in the past 70 years.

Keep away from ridiculous overpaid managers (and players) who don't get this club.

This feels a bad moment to be playing Villa, they've looked impressive from what I've seen. Too many ghosts of Christmas' past lurking there now for comfort as well.

That said, hopefully they'd say the something similar about us.

View attachment 152907
View attachment 152908

This is the team he picked to beat Chelsea in Dec 2019, I mean look at the midfield he had to pick. He has far better resources available this time around.

Gordon or Townsend Allan Dacoure Gray

Is a much stronger midfield unit, Mina available at the back plus options of Godfrey and Branthwaite.
Pretty confident going into this game for the first time in a long while.
I'd prefer three man midfield but if it's 442 with Richy dropping in why not

I thought that was a good well structured press conference. It's the first one I've watched this season because I couldn't stand to watch a sneering Benitez wearing an Everton top and talking egotistical nonsense. I enjoyed that, here's hoping for 3 points tomorrow, we really need points on the board now to get us out of Benitez' mess.

This one is 3-1
I 'd take a 1-0 win right now. But I really want us to thump them 4-0. But as long as we get the 3 points. Stating the bloody obvious here. But I'm getting nervous. Let's hope that we get a lead. Play well. And coast home.
Three points. Move on. We can't loose this match tomorrow. I give up if this bunch can't get up a head of steam for Duncan Ferguson.
They owe us a performance. They owe us a few performances. So let's rock and roll. Up The Toffees. Big Duncan steam rolling Toffees. Steam roll all over slippys villa.

My fear is that he’ll have them so wound up they’ll come out all gung ho, fail to score in the first 10 minutes and Villa will hit them on the break, score, and sit back.

Hope for a win. Big Ben to go right through Digne please
Fairly though. Don't want to go a man down. Tbh in not that worried about Digne. He wasn't great for us for over a year now. Let's target him. Don't think that he all of a sudden becomes a great defender. Let's hope that he doesn't get within shooting distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.