Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive game, they all are.

A win here could really set us up and get confidence soaring.

It would be 9 points from 12 for Dyche. That's probably just under 25% of the total points required to stay up gained in 4 games.

That would be quite remarkable considering the recent past.

For this alone, I don't think we'll win.

Last edited:

It would be 9 points from 12 for Dyche. That's probably just under 25% of the total points required to stay up gained in 4 games.

We will have to be careful with what we do at the back no doubt about it, but Villa do give chances away in games and we need to be ready to take them.

Before the Arsenal game I agreed with a mate at work that we need 7 wins to stay up, which looked unlikely with us only having 3 in 20 at the time. We’ve already got 2 and if we beat Villa I’ll actually start to believe, as it will be a remarkable turnaround as you say.

I think the most likely result is a draw though.

Our priority is to gain as many points as possible from our remaining home fixtures. That has to be the focus...and we have some tough home games still to come.

Any points picked up on the road are an added bonus but I suggested a couple of weeks ago after the Arsenal game that three points out of every six...as an average (given we are going to lose games or drop points which we may be expecting to gain if our current turnround continues)...would see us comfortably safe.

But then again, every other time from 10th/12th down will be thinking exactly the same.

I really believe, however, that....no, I am not going to tempt saying it! We shall just have to wait and see. It's gonna be a hairem scarem rollercoaster of a ride from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.