Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just not one bad player this....we have a number of average players, who are not Prem standard...its not their fault. We do have good players, Godfrey and Richarlison (who will perform better with more quality around him). We must give carlo and brands the time to get better quality in.

You include Richy and Dom, but don't include
Davies, King, Bernard?

King wont be getting signed in the summer.

Bernard doesn't have a future that's why we tried to get rid in Jan.

Davies, sadly is the next Hibbert or Osman. He'll be here for ever, no one is ever going to pay money for him.

We were missing 2 players they were missing a few and one of there’s is one of the top players this season
They passed the ball with purpose they had midfielders that can run and pass a man ffs we look lost all the time trying wonder balls when a simple 5yard pass is the better option
If it’s the players then drop them chande the system do something not just come out the next week with the same [Poor language removed]
And bring on more crap like Delph? That’s the problem, poor recruitment.

We are 2 quality players from being a top team. One of the best managers in the world is building a team and there are cryarses wanting it yesterday.

No doubt we're frustrating as hell and without doubt crap teams have worked out that the best way to defend against us is to give away the ball on the edge of their own box and watch us pass it backwards to Pickford, but give it time lads.

Shall we sack him?

Im not saying you're saying that, I'm just asking, would you sack him?
No mate, as much as I'd like to sack him, Brands, Dunc, the kit man, the players and the tea lady and turn Goodison into a car park right now.

But I would be asking serious questions at how utterly inept we have consistently looked and why he keeps doing the same things that don't work.

If we'd been tosh all season, or as in like last year where it was clear how bad the team was, I'd be more lenient and say yes, it is mostly the players.

While I think the players are, on the whole, not great, we have seen them win big games this year when they've been set up right. So they're not totally useless. Neither is Carlo, but he's been utterly useless in a lot of situations where we've needed him not to be this season.

We've had three purple patches of results and the rest has been crap.

I don't see any basis of an attacking system. It's reliant on an injury-prone player and set-pieces. When we do try to attack, we can't defend. When we set out to defend, we can literally only defend and nothing else.

I'm worried because while I fully agree we need more players, it's not showing any sign that there's anything in place for those new players to come into.

Just Dire. Lack of quality all over the pitch. Watkins and Traore better than anyone we had on the pitch tonight. Carlo has to assess what we have and firstly be tough and sell any inconsistent players. We need players to turn up 9 out of 10 games and not 2 or 3 in 10 games. Axe has to swing and bring in proper quality

Cannot wait for this season to be over, I’m Welsh and can’t wait for the European Championships, the heart, passion and commitment the Welsh players show to the shirt is off the scale compared to this lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.