Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chatting a bit to a couple at the game who were first time visitors from the far east somewhere I assume. Started off with them barely watching the game just sticking their phones in the air as so many tend to do.

Anyway by the end they were just looking around, huge smiles on their faces, sometimes laughing, sometimes bemused, and just seemingly gob smacked in shear awe of witnessing Evertonians in full voice roaring our approval for our team. Their phones were long since forgotten. They got their monies worth from us I think!

I'm going to really miss Goodison as there really is no place like it on days like these.

p.s. I told them it was quiet compared to a night game on a lively night lol

I was thinking the same. I imagine Captain speak of some sort. Young player so probably good to get some guidance from a old pro now and again

Yeah I think so. Looked like a bollocking at first but as they separate you can see they were smiling. Probably telling him what a beast he is and how he needs to stay for 5+ years

Chatting a bit to a couple at the game who were first time visitors from the far east somewhere I assume. Started off with them barely watching the game just sticking their phones in the air as so many tend to do.

Anyway by the end they were just looking around, huge smiles on their faces, sometimes laughing, sometimes bemused, and just seemingly gob smacked in shear awe of witnessing Evertonians in full voice roaring our approval for our team. Their phones were long since forgotten. They got their monies worth from us I think!

I'm going to really miss Goodison as there really is no place like it on days like these.

I’ll be going over in a few weeks to see them play for the first time. Wanted my first Everton experience to be at Goodison. I can’t wait to see it all first hand!

I’ll be going over in a few weeks to see them play for the first time. Wanted my first Everton experience to be at Goodison. I can’t wait to see it all first hand!
You never forget your first time at Goodison

Screen-Shot-2014-09-11-at-105426.png

Well put . I was watching the place bounce at the end and after looking around at those smiling faces and slipping out of the ground into the brick I thought exactly the same . It’s the stadium I started going to with people who are no longer with us , a connection with generations of blues . The new ground looks great but I’ll miss the old lady .

It was nice to see us looking to cross the ball frequently. Yeah sometimes they were pointless because we had no one in the box to attack them but there were a few times an arsenal player would head the ball out and it would drop to one of our players and it would then start an attack for us inadvertently putting the opposition under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.