Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn’t flinch when we scored? You do you, but I prefer to snatch the joy that comes our way!

Dyche was all over the shop most of the time, just at his least animated when we scored.

I liked this moment:

View attachment 203633
Recent 'performances' have meant I'm inured to feelings of happiness with this team. I was however bricking it with 5 minutes to go - and 6 added - as I dared to believe we could actually hold on. My lad was going crackers when we scored. He's young tho so he's not nearly as cynical as I am.

Loved his reaction. Mine was the same. Get the job done then celebrate.
7a18rt.jpg

Myko - finally looked like he understood what was being asked of him

Coleman - Was just coleman. Last of a dying breed !!!
How so many people on here seem to slate him I will never understand.
He would carry this club to safety on his own if he could....
I don't think Myko didn't know what he needed to do under Frank, It was more that Frank asked a lot of him going forward which he is not as good at and put him in compromised positions. Dyche basically just told him to stay wide and focus solely on defending.

I thought Doucoure was excellent in the more advanced midfield role when he doesn’t give the ball away in dangerous positions. He harried their defence to give DCL a break. DCL also did well against two top defenders. McNeils crossing especially from corners very good. Maupay came on and took over when Dominique left the field. Clever to get himself in a scram mash wasting at least a minute. Back four solid again after a few last games and a mention to Gana Gaye who did a lot of dirt work but didn’t so unnoticed.

I don't think Myko didn't know what he needed to do under Frank, It was more that Frank asked a lot of him going forward which he is not as good at and put him in compromised positions. Dyche basically just told him to stay wide and focus solely on defending.
This, and he had help in front of him, not Gordon wandering off

Status
Not open for further replies.