Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

There was a massive protest outside the ground at 11:30 for about 30 minutes - there's photos everywhere.

There was also a sit-in at the end.

The protests haven't been what have created a 'toxic' atmosphere.

As for the shout-out, it's not to ridicule, it's just genuine proof that protesting and keeping up the pressure on this rabble can go hand-in-hand with supporting the team.

It wasn't an 'angry protest' after the S'ton game. It was simply a sit-in protest. It got angry because of the result and performance, and the fact that the club released inflammatory statements and leaks to the press before that match, which riled everyone up.

Notice how there were no such statements today, even though the board didn't turn up?
Today was right on all fronts, from the protests to the game itself. And in a way, especially the empty directors box. As all that done was shone the light brighter on the board.
I also think today and the conclusion of the transfer window has left a lot of the media/pundits quite embarrassed about how quickly they jumped on our backs after the saints game...

Though I definitely think we found our headlock culprit today, A Certain MR N Maupay ?
( Expect it was just a signing of the contract hug tho )

He's more tolerable, now that he's out of the game...super annoying in his playing days.

Or it could just be I enjoyed him winding this kid up.

Isn't Maupay meant to be French? His accent has always f'ed with me. He has to have been in the UK a good while.

Status
Not open for further replies.