Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suffered from fatigue today, and both teams looked scared to make a mistake in front of their new managers, so everything was super cautious.

Sidibe MOTM, thought he was excellent. Holgate also good at Centre Half and in Midfield.
Think we all suffered from a fatigue today mate! Lol

I was delighted with that performance
Ancelotti will now be in no doubt about how useless they are, and the urgent need for new signings
Much rather that than some of them raising their half-arsed game and duping him they are any good
Actually good point this....altho not very good players can run hard, can give it there all....didnt happen today

I thought we'd get the win today as Arsenal were there for the taking. That said, had they gone at us from the off I think Arsenal would have won by two or three. In general, we looked fairly fatigued and happy enough to go through the motions of passing the ball about most of the time. But that point is another point to help get us away from the danger zone, so personally... I'm not complaining.

The MotM was Djibril Sidibé for me. Closed down their players quickly, lots of energy and pressing forward from him, and he was straight in there with a few crunching tackles. A little mention about Pickford also, for his point-blank save. Had we gone one down I felt there was no way we could lift our game and get one back.

Todays performance was poor and lacked energy, I really expected high energy and commitment with the new manager watching

It said to me that half these players know the gravy train has reached its last stop, not worth trying to impress when you know your card is marked, most of these players won't be here come August and they know it!

I gave it to Djibril because he did a fine job and looked up for it ,no memorable mistakes .
Not much more to say other than praise the board for getting Don Carlo to sign before we played .

They played like Marco silvas team today no fight or passion.take nothing away from dunc though nobody gave us a chance in them tough fixtures we have had and he’s unbeaten in all of his.

They looked knackered to me. I'm Hoping the general fitness of this squad is something the Don addresses quite quickly

Another game where the standard of refereeing was woeful, when is this going to get sorted out, was the same against Leicester mid week, shocking.
Good and important point.The Arsenal right back no. 77 should have been sent off for thatbwild dangerous kick early in the second half, he was already on a yellow, that and many other poor decisions by another inept referee, who is likely to be a VAR decision maker in the next week. How do they expect poor referees on the field to be any better refereeing in a studio 200 miles from the game, especially when Everton are relying on any positive reactions from them.

They looked knackered to me. I'm Hoping the general fitness of this squad is something the Don addresses quite quickly
Yea they have played quite a few games in a short space of time I agree they looked knackered and not much time to recover before Burnley really.apparently ancelotti has a top fitness coach with him in his back room staff that fella is gonna have his work cut out with them lot

Status
Not open for further replies.