Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are some strange comments on this forum, not for the first time sadly ,about what has happened since Ferguso
n was handed the reins as interim manager ....looking back over posts from three or four weeks ago the general consensus of opinion was that we would get destroyed by Leicester in the cup gameand would not pick up a point fro Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal. Reality kicks in we recover from a two goal deficit to take the second placed Premier League side to penalties andremain unbeaten in the league again staff the afore mentioned clubs...and all this under the management of Dave's cone layer...OK Ferguson has not yet got Premiership management nouse but bloody hell I hate to think what the scenario might have been. Give the man his due he has done a decent job for us.

The worst Arsenal team I've seen play Goodison in bloody decades, perhaps apart from the league cup back in 2004ish, but they were the better team.

That tells me everything!

Not enough love for big daddy clean sheets. Yerry was class in the first half, that bit of play with the ball at his feet where he sent two Arsenal players for hotdogs was great for a twelve foot tall bloke
But then he passed the ball back to Pickford, he could have done that in the first place!!

Yea they have played quite a few games in a short space of time I agree they looked knackered and not much time to recover before Burnley really.apparently ancelotti has a top fitness coach with him in his back room staff that fella is gonna have his work cut out with them lot
I am not sure our brave lion hearts will take too kindly to a regimen that is a bit demanding. I would expect they’d ‘lay down tools’ if the friendly, ‘family first’, luvvy-dovey ethos that directs Everton is ever replaced with one where results matter .
I cannot see our brave lion hearts taking to this new manager if he expects them to put the importance of winning above visits to kids’ hospitals and orphanages, dressed in silly Blue Chrimbo outfits...

NSNO

I am not sure our brave lion hearts will take too kindly to a regimen that is a bit demanding. I would expect they’d ‘lay down tools’ if the friendly, ‘family first’, luvvy-dovey ethos that directs Everton is ever replaced with one where results matter .
I cannot see our brave lion hearts taking to this new manager...
They will have to take to him is they’ll be out.i imagine most of them are looking forward to having such a winner as their manager to be honest if not they need showing the door now

Defensively I thought we were great barring one or two moments today. Would have rather seen us go for it though in the final 20 as opposed to playing for the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.