Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Monday December 6th. 8pm

Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard Kendall used to say that we Evertonians were like the 12th man. That’s exactly what we were against Arsenal last night.

We gave the team a massive lift. Why can’t we be like that every week instead of murmuring discontentedly and/or criticising our own players?

After last night’s performance against an excellent Arsenal that were in 5th until the weekend and that have destroyed teams like Spurs and Leicester this season… I have confidence that R.A.F.A. can eventually arrest this seemingly terminal decline, win us a trophy and eventually get us into the top 4. Sadly he has inherited a poor squad.

It’s not that the lads don’t try; it’s just that they’re not on the same level technically as the players at the top clubs. Plus we’ve been desperately unlucky with injuries. Take the RS’ best defender, best midfielder and leading goal-scorer out of their team for months on end and they wouldn’t be much higher up that table than we are now.

I believe words have power and if we want good things coming our way then we need to envision what we wish. I couldn’t watch the second half because I had a body massage scheduled this afternoon but while laying there I kept envisioning at 2-1, that was the thought I kept sending to the universe. I just got out the massage and have seen our score and I’m so happy ?
The happy ending you wanted.

Don’t disagree with any of that really, but think they can be better drilled. I feel for Coleman, he’s been hung out to dry and will play 40 games this season when he should be playing 10.

That block he made tonight was fantastic. Game winning.
Careful now you might have the Coleman haters on your back!

Should offside be based on toes? I think it should be body in line because if there is daylight that's an actual advantage. I thought they'd increased tolerance this season? I think it's mad they look to disallow goals on such tiny margins myself the game(should be) is about goals not pedantry.
I'm unsure as to whether Dean allowed the goals initially and then VAR called him to look at them. If that's the case, There's no way either was a clear and obvious error (or has that directive been done away with? I can't keep up)

Or did Dean stick to his cowardly ways and wait for VAR to decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.