Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Monday December 6th. 8pm

Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch the highlights. You’ll be even happier. Last goal was a cracker
I just read the highlights in @messymascot thread. @anjelikaferrett did a fantastic job with the second half commentary. But Gray does scores nice golazos, so I’m going to follow your suggestion and check out both goals. When I left for the massage, Richarlison second goal had been disallowed and I was actually thinking that you were probably thinking that my positivism wasn’t helping us much ?

That was so odd of Arsenal to time waste so deliberately from 65 minutes onwards.

As well as provoking the crowd and creating an even better atmosphere what it did was show fear. They looked terrified.

I find them a boring side and they are definitely weak willed. They are now on their second poor run of form of the season.

Anyway, Richarlison's performance was deserving of a hat trick. I'm pleased to see Gray doing well I've always liked him as a player. (I've always wanted to see us play with two quick wide men throughout my years of an Evertonian. Defenders don't like the opposition going at them at pace.)

We needed that win. I can feel the weight lifted from all the players, fans, board, and manager combined.

The only odd part is the way the Defenders try to play from the back but nobody from midfield or fullbacks dropped deep to support when Arsenal was pressing them. When Allan did, he didn't have much options to pass the ball to. I was worried we would make a mistake there. And It was clear that we needed that extra man in Midfield, we were outnumbered until Gomes came on. I'm glad Gomes had a decent game.

No idea what happened to Digne and why he wasn't available. Can't afford to have our only established LB to be out of the squad.

That was so odd of Arsenal to time waste so deliberately from 65 minutes onwards.

As well as provoking the crowd and creating an even better atmosphere what it did was show fear. They looked terrified.

I find them a boring side and they are definitely weak willed. They are now on their second poor run of form of the season.

Anyway, Richarlison's performance was deserving of a hat trick. I'm pleased to see Gray doing well I've always liked him as a player. (I've always wanted to see us play with two quick wide men throughout my years of an Evertonian. Defenders don't like the opposition going at them at pace.)
I agree with everything you've said NR.
This Arsenal team isn't a patch on the Arsenal sides we've seen at Goodison in recent years and Dean totally failed to get a grip of their constant stoppages for all sorts of minor things such as cramp. Cramp FFS!!!

I found it ironic that they were time wasting at 70th minute (or so), falling down "injured". That added to the +6 injury time, which Gray scored that screamer.

He doesn't know as he hasn't seen another angle. That's just shilling.

The angle doesn't magically extend Richarlisons foot to where that dot is drawn.
I do appreciate the insistence not just from you but from many that you know better on one angle with no aid from any technology than the referees and everyone else. It's an admirable if misguided level of confidence.

He was offside.

I found it ironic that they were time wasting at 70th minute (or so), falling down "injured". That added to the +6 injury time, which Gray scored that screamer.
I was moaning at their time wasting. Then when we went 2-1 up was begging us to do the same. Admittedly it wasn't 25 minutes before the end

Arsenal were shocking. Their lack of confidence or ambition undid them there for sure. There were parts of that game where we were looking adrift without a paddle, and I felt they could have put us to the sword. Instead they try spoiling tactics to try to break up the game and waste time, and worst of all don't even bring on Aubameyang until 82 minutes when we'd scored. There for the taking but effectively they beat themselves. How Arteta can stay after that I have no idea. It was certainly an improvement on the derby performance, but we have to be better than that against decent opposition.

I agree with everything you've said NR.
This Arsenal team isn't a patch on the Arsenal sides we've seen at Goodison in recent years and Dean totally failed to get a grip of their constant stoppages for all sorts of minor things such as cramp. Cramp FFS!!!

During my fotball supporting life there have been two versions of Arsenal.

There is the exciting, cavalier Arsenal of the Wenger era.

But that was just an aberation…sandwiched between the pre Wenger “boring, boring“ Arsenal of Bertie Mee, Terry Neill, Rioch and George Graham and the current “boring, boring” Arsenal since the great man’s departure.

They really are a boring football club with very entitled fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.