Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Monday December 6th. 8pm

Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's much more effective if he moves to his best formation when the game is moving into the last phase. There's no point in playing them off the pitch in the first half an hour, and allowing the opposing manager half time to neutralise it.
So we should play a worse formation and let the other team score first every week so we can surprise them later on? Interesting idea!

At 1-1 arsenal played through us with such ease at times

There is a significant problem with the defence and midfield something just isn’t right there. I don’t understand why we constantly stand off the opponent so much and give them space and the chance to dictate matches.

does this remind anybody else of the 3-1 vs Chelsea 2 years back ?

a good home win , to stop a scary slide and most importantly a real gutsy performance after weeks of lifeless crap

we can't get carried away but today showed that these players can give us a good performance with heart and fight

Gomes did really well for the goal but don’t see all the fuss about his overall performance. People getting carried away for me. Lost possession, silly foul or two. Couple of tough passes into him at times but still expect him to do better.

Richly MOTM for me. Gray outstanding goal though as well as setting up the equaliser. We lose that without Richy up top.

At 1-1 arsenal played through us with such ease at times

There is a significant problem with the defence and midfield something just isn’t right there. I don’t understand why we constantly stand off the opponent so much and give them space and the chance to dictate matches.
We’re permanently 2v3 v everyone we play and Allan isn’t mobile enough to cover the ground. Has to be a three every game for me.

Phew. What a game. Great atmosphere. The 27’ thing looked like a damp squib to me. Only about 3 people anywhere near me left. It actually got the crowd united in backing the players, so had a positive effect, probably not the intended effect though.

Fully deserved win. Arsenal are terrible, time wasting cheats, and offered very little.

Felt like the world was against us for an hour. What’s the VAR verdict? First one looked off to me, second he looked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.