Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Monday December 6th. 8pm

Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand not starting Gomes, he's not fit and he's usually tosh when he does start. he's actually a very good impact sub

But he could have started Delph. He could try Gbamin (because the lad has not been given a fair chance at all) in a 3-man midfield to start games. There are options. Delph would be my pick for now in the 6. And he should have started the last 3 games in that role.

It's not defensive to play a holding player and two CMs at all. It's actually offensive because it means you can have three forwards and your full-backs can get forward. It also means you aren't outnumbered in a key area of the pitch.

I thought Allan was shot at the end and he'd have been off around 85 in my book to bring Delph in but I can understand taking Gordon off.

Any team in this league can be got at when you press them right.
Ya agree with gomes. Complete rubbish starting matches but seems to be a excellent option from the bench. Maybe it's the pace of the game. Tired legs but he always looks composed and stronger off the bench.

FF9G3mzX0AwZBRP

Posting this again for the latecomers to remind you how the game is rigged against you.

Ya agree with gomes. Complete rubbish starting matches but seems to be a excellent option from the bench. Maybe it's the pace of the game. Tired legs but he always looks composed and stronger off the bench.
It's exactly that. He's so slow but he can put himself about a bit and adds a bit of composure. The key thing is it frees Doucoure up.

I mean we wouldn't have played them off the pitch. It's about just getting a platform not to concede.

A sitting player in a midfield three is on top of Odegaard for their opener.
he doesn't want to play with a three. He wants his defenders to sit, and his wingers to whip in balls for DCL. He said that right at the outset. ok dcl is injured, but he wants to play the same. way regardless.

he doesn't want to play with a three. He wants his defenders to sit, and his wingers to whip in balls for DCL. He said that right at the outset. ok dcl is injured, but he wants to play the same. way regardless.
Trying to play the same way had put us 16th going into tonight my friend

I know I should really be going for Richey but I have plumped for Andre.

Tonight he showed what he is capable of.

Let’s hope this is the start of a Gomes renaissance.
He was class there. Let's hope he continues to get that woolly head up and pick a pass instead of disappearing up his own arsehole...which he's prone to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.