Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Monday December 6th. 8pm

Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the game! 2 goals disallowed 1 nil down at 80 and dead and buried I thought!

Full credit to Gray and Richarlison but our defence was magnificent (some of those last ditch blocks/tackles!) as was mostly everyone.

I’m willing to give Benitez time and a few transfer windows based on Gray alone! Did he not train with Leicester or something?

I’m going to watch the highlights. Can’t remember how long it’s been since I did that!

They have Lookman there now to play wide on the left ?

I found it ironic that they were time wasting at 70th minute (or so), falling down "injured". That added to the +6 injury time, which Gray scored that screamer.

It reminded me of a match were Southampton did the same against us years ago.

They had gone one up and aggressively wasted time. We got a late equaliser and an even later winner in an extended injury time they'd created.

I think Radzinski scored at least one, perhaps both goals. I'm also sure it was part of a sequence of seven straight League wins.

We the fans played a huge part in that win.
first time in months we got behind the team like that need to learn from that.
drove south feeling warm and happy for the 1st time this year

When the team gives us sommat to get behind there is no fiercer bearpit in Englsh football.

Godfrey’s challenge on one of their players early doors set the tone and raised the decibel levels.

and it is totally deliberate. They've already been criticised this season for 'accdientally' scoring goals when the other side was disadvantaged, the latest being against United.

I wouldn fault them for that United goal.

I would have been outraged if EFC had not “taken advantage” of De Gea laying on the ground, especially as he was put there by his own man.

I wouldn fault them for that United goal.

I would have been outraged if EFC had not “taken advantage” of De Gea laying on the ground, especially as he was put there by his own man.
he was flat out on the floor. I wouldn't be happy scoring a goal like that.

I agree with everything you've said NR.
This Arsenal team isn't a patch on the Arsenal sides we've seen at Goodison in recent years and Dean totally failed to get a grip of their constant stoppages for all sorts of minor things such as cramp. Cramp FFS!!!

When you think of how good they were 15-20 years ago to what they are now I'm surprised there hasn't been much more noise made by the majority of their fanbase.

They've had their expectations managed. First that making the Champions League was the big achievement - and their players would celebrate a narrow qualification like a world cup win.

Now they are a side in progress and should be patient. I agree on building sides up needing time but they've spent a lot of money and the qualities they lack isn't necessarily achieved by spending lots. They lack leadership on the field, seem fragile when under pressure and they have a manager with a faux passing philosophy.

Just trying to pass loads isn't a game plan, there isn't much of a cutting edge despite having quality strikers. They look more dangerous when the pacy young players run at the opposition.

Last night their negativity and fragility let us back into the game because I didn't think we looked great. Once we pressed and the crowd had something to get behind we looked more dangerous and certain players more confident in the last ten minutes, when given our form you'd expect them to be anxious.

Henderson literally had a tighter goal ruled out for offside in the derby last season. All offsides, no matter how tight, are ruled out by VAR.

With other decisions I agree with you. Some you get, some you don’t, with a tendency towards the sky 6 getting more in their favour.

We were unlucky with the 2 offside decisions tonight, but they were both offside. Very tight, but proved off. I’ll be honest, I like it that way. It’s annoying when it goes against your side, but at least the correct decision is given. There is no grey area, you’re either on or you’re off.
I'm sorry but your response is far too sensible, unbiased and logical for my brain. lol

When the team gives us sommat to get behind there is no fiercer bearpit in Englsh football.

Godfrey’s challenge on one of their players early doors set the tone and raised the decibel levels.
as the two players were running into the challenge, I'm sure we all thought that the upcoming challenge was going to set the tone for the rest of the game, if BG were to have sh1t out, things would have got toxic quickly, fair play to him, he fully committed to it and raised the expectations that there was going to be something to shout about. Goodison needs that aggression from the players

Status
Not open for further replies.