Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Barely a preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the off field stuff going on, I’d almost forgot that Everton isn’t just a soap opera, but actually play football.
Granted, not very well lately.
I believe that Arsenal at home could be a turning point
2-1 Toffees.

😕 saddening how we can be seen now. (Not that I entirely agree like)
I have never really cared what other clubs think of us, I genuinely believe that with Beto, Danjuma, DCL, McNeil and Harrison fit and playing, we will be able to produce some pretty effective counter attacking football.

I have never really cared what other clubs think of us, I genuinely believe that with Beto, Danjuma, DCL, McNeil and Harrison fit and playing, we will be able to produce some pretty effective counter attacking football.
I agree tbh, but it’s the nature of being compared to Stoke / Pulis that depresses me despite it being a somewhat lazy comparison, if they just abstractly said we’re cack etc I wouldn’t mind 😂

Might we be able to fill the bench!

Yes Neil, with lots and lots and lots of goalkeepers and crap defenders

Bench will be

DCL
Keane
Godfrey
Mykolenko
Garner
Lonergan
Virginia

I think he'll drop Garner and have Mcneil out wide and then after that, there isn't many other options for the bench is there?

Maybe Chermitti for a keeper and Dobbin in place of a crap defender???

I am feeling optimistic about this one, don’t know why but I feel we might get three points here. I know Arsenal have a very good side and I know we don’t, can’t think of any of our players, Pickford aside, who would get in their team or even make their bench but it is a funny old game, Everton 3 Arsenal 2. That result followed by an announcement that Kenwright has decided to leave the club by mutual agreement would be an alright sort of a Sunday.

😕 saddening how we can be seen now. (Not that I entirely agree like)

‘There may not be a Rory Delap or a Charlie Adam’ - 2 completely different footballers. Thinking this guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

I’d like to see;

————Pickford————
Patterson-Tarkowski-Branthwaite-Young
—Garner—Onana—Gana—
—Danjuma—Beto—McNeil—

Dyche likes Doucoure’s energy so might see him instead of Garner. Good options off the bench with Doucoure, Calvert-Lewin, Harrison and Chermiti. When was the last time we could say that?! Tomorrow maybe isn’t the best measure of it but we should be scoring far more goals across the season with the attacking players we have available now.

Status
Not open for further replies.