Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Barely a preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was off the scale annoyed yesterday watching the game and after the game too. On reflection the defeat yesterday to Arsenal is not going to define our season. I watched the West Ham match on Saturday and to be fair City could have put a cricket score on them and they pretty much employed similar tactics to us. The chasm between the Top clubs and the rest is huge. We have to put this one to bed and go again for the next game. Hopefully there will be a couple of changes to personnel for next week. Bring Patterson back, Garner and DCL Drop Young or Mykolenko, Ghana and Doucoure or any 2 of the 3 to be fair and play further up the pitch. I think DCL and Beto would occupy the back line enough to take some pressure off the back line.

I watched it this morning, it was slow and boring, once the goal went in I thought 'that's that then' I was debating switching off, then mrs degsy said...I'm off to the shops...hang on I said I'll come with you.

on a further note;
Offside / interfering with play, how was the Arsenal player offside out on the wing, yet the City player in front of the goal wasnt

I watched it this morning, it was slow and boring, once the goal went in I thought 'that's that then' I was debating switching off, then mrs degsy said...I'm off to the shops...hang on I said I'll come with you.

on a further note;
Offside / interfering with play, how was the Arsenal player offside out on the wing, yet the City player in front of the goal wasnt

For the disallowed goal? It was Nketiah given offside in the middle.
The City player should have been offside too like.

When you set a team up to effectively try and keep the point and then go 1-0 down is it any wonder the team hasn't got the mentality to change tactics when the manager also steadfastly refuses to change his. Really poor from dyche again yesterday, it was the perfect chance to try a two up top with beto and DCL yesterday but refused it and kept to 1 up till it was too late in the game by throwing a 19 year old on with 3 minutes to go. Heading for the sack and relegation with that mentality I'm afraid.

A point yesterday would have been like a win for us at the moment.

We are playing in a completely different league to the top half a dozen teams. Teams like Everton and those around us will be trying to get a point here and there off these top teams and it will be great when it happens but our league is based on the points we can earn from teams from about seventh or eight down.

Exactly what I’ve said. The Premier League need to look into this further. Why do we get nothing? How can you give 4 minutes of injury time.

There was a goal which is generally considered 30 seconds and 7 subs in the second half! This ontop of their play acting, time wasting and taking ages to get Zinchenko off etc… to me this is a clear cheat, yet again, from ref’s at Goodison Park.
Lads we wouldn't have scored if we had 6 months of injury time. That was an absolute disgrace of a team playing at Goodison Park.

When you set a team up to effectively try and keep the point and then go 1-0 down is it any wonder the team hasn't got the mentality to change tactics when the manager also steadfastly refuses to change his. Really poor from dyche again yesterday, it was the perfect chance to try a two up top with beto and DCL yesterday but refused it and kept to 1 up till it was too late in the game by throwing a 19 year old on with 3 minutes to go. Heading for the sack and relegation with that mentality I'm afraid.
And another nice payoff from the Club to a failed manager. We are such a soft touch for this

Dyche is good with the press with his off pat quips ( although they are the same every time they ask the same question) but tactically he is hopeless .Yesterday not even half the team could be rated they were that bad ,he still has his old reliables with old being the word .Duke plays well or stinks and Gana seems to have bad eyesight along with achromatopsia .The wingers if that is what they are could have gone camping Ashley Young is showing that even he cannot help this side . We are as inventive as we are good at passing the ball.

Dyche is good with the press with his off pat quips ( although they are the same every time they ask the same question) but tactically he is hopeless .Yesterday not even half the team could be rated they were that bad ,he still has his old reliables with old being the word .Duke plays well or stinks and Gana seems to have bad eyesight along with achromatopsia .The wingers if that is what they are could have gone camping Ashley Young is showing that even he cannot help this side . We are as inventive as we are good at passing the ball.
Achromatopsia, such an off the cuff remark I had to look it up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.