Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Barely a preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2230 KO for me yesterday. Normally I'd stay up and watch. At the least I'd wake up in the middle of the night and check the score, but last night I went to bed early and slept right through. I'm not quite ready to walk away but I've reached the stage where I'm actually starting to hate the club. I've wasted 40 years on this lot. 40 years and I'm struggling to think of any real enjoyment it's given me in the last 25. The only thing I like about the club now is the colour of the shirt.

My brother walked away from football years ago and I couldn't understand how he did it. Hopefully I'm getting closer to following him. As I've seen in the Summer and the recent world cup, my life is significantly better without Everton in it. Reading the comments on here it seems like I'm not the only one.

Sorry to say but the corners in the first half I was screaming because Saka was on the edge of the box unmarked nearly everytime. We overload the box with players and still they found a way through. I can take getting beat by a class team what I can accept is the lack, the lack of everything today. To me, it already looks like the players have given up on Dyche.
Hmmm... I don't think they Myko was marking Saka for setplays, I don't know the instructions but he was placed more centrally I think. I don't think the players sabotaged the game, I think they followed Sean Dyche's game plan to a T. It just was not sufficiently vetted out for 'details' which should happen elsewhere, not on the GP pitch.

Hmmm... I don't think they Myko was marking Saka for setplays, I don't know the instructions but he was placed more centrally I think. I don't think the players sabotaged the game, I think they followed Sean Dyche's game plan to a T. It just was not sufficiently vetted out for 'details' which should happen elsewhere, not on the GP pitch.
Nope. He was always open.

2230 KO for me yesterday. Normally I'd stay up and watch. At the least I'd wake up in the middle of the night and check the score, but last night I went to bed early and slept right through. I'm not quite ready to walk away but I've reached the stage where I'm actually starting to hate the club. I've wasted 40 years on this lot. 40 years and I'm struggling to think of any real enjoyment it's given me in the last 25. The only thing I like about the club now is the colour of the shirt.

My brother walked away from football years ago and I couldn't understand how he did it. Hopefully I'm getting closer to following him. As I've seen in the Summer and the recent world cup, my life is significantly better without Everton in it. Reading the comments on here it seems like I'm not the only one.
Start following GAA hurling or football. Real passion and no diving and they don't get paid apart from expenses

Put any of those grossly overpaid muppets in a GAA match, either code, and they would be crying for their Mammies after two minutes

Too right the levels of corruption are another thing that puts me off it now. How can the ref give 4 minutes at the end of the 2nd half, yet the same at the in stoppage time. We all know it would of been 8 minutes had it been 0-0. Today was ridiculous it wasn't that we were outplayed by a much better side such as City in 2018 we could of got something there simply isn't enough fight. 1-0 down at home shooting towards the Gwaldys street, and we can't produce anything, not 1 chance in the whole game , Fulham get a fighting draw at there place with 10 men. Putting DCL on was the most idiotic sub I've seen in years, Beto hadn't done anything wrong, then pointlessly waiting until the games nearly over to put Chermiti on.

I watch a lot of grassroots footy, u12 to u16. Watch a lot of academy foot too as my daughter plays in the jpl u16. As I watch, I think how good the standard is. In training, I see drills focused on pass and move, Pressing, overloads etc. I remember thinking the other day how much of an insane step up PL players must be. Then I watch Everton. Wtf is going on with these guys lol.

always a difficult game but we were so submissive
even with the new players you are watching the same negative tactics we have been doing for last couple of years.
i think the new ones will be ok but need to be allowed abit more freedom.
garner must be one of the 1st name on the team sheet in midfield.

The gulf in class just in relation to the basics like passing and controlling the ball was quite shocking really. But, fine, they're better than us. What I found really embarrassing was how passive and cowardly we were. I know people bang on about goal difference, but we are so frightened of passing the ball to feet, in case we might lose it. Dyche's "don't be afraid to attack quickly" is all well and good, but just tries to hide the fact that all we do is get Pickford to launch it, all the time. It's dire. Someone in another thread was asking why we don't try and swing in a few crosses, but I honestly can't remember a time in that match where we got anywhere near the by-line with the ball in control. Yay, we only lost 1 nil. At least our goal difference isn't too bad. Rubbish

a lot of the negatives have been mentioned already so i won't repat what other people have said. but I did see a couple pf positives from yesterday. i

I thought Jarred showed some good composure and read the game well, doesn't look out of place in a premier league side.
Danjuma I thought played ok and was unlucky that beto didn't look up and play him in during the first half.

i feel like the system dyche deployed yesterday was wrong and didn't utilise the players he had to their full ability.

young at right back
3 man midfield of gueye, doucs, onana (we've known from last season they can't play together too similar.)
brings garner on to the right wing even though he isn't a right winger
such a low block that Beto was left isolated with no support.

Status
Not open for further replies.