Match Thread Everton v Apollon Limassol

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do I mate. At home we don't need two DMs mate. One is enough so we can afford to play a diamond. Allows us pace on the wings and good movement up front.

I'd go 4-4-1-1, but I'd go for a pair of Gana and Davies in the middle, so it's not two defensive players

I'd then go with Vlasic on one of the wings with one of DCL/Sandro up top, with Sigurdsson playing behind

The only issue would be the other winger, which I guess could be Kev or Lookman

It will work much better once Bolasie is back

Think Holgate has an injury too. I'd go for this. Sandro and Lookman need to be on the bench so they get good amount of minutes too in the 2nd half. This could be a game for Rooney to get a goal and similarly for Sigu.

View attachment 40913

Besic in defence, good lord no, he's way off the boil at the moment, needs many more games to even get up to speed in his preferred position(and yes I know he played there in Hungary(lol)). Don't mind that otherwise.

I'd go 4-4-1-1, but I'd go for a pair of Gana and Davies in the middle, so it's not two defensive players

I'd then go with Vlasic on one of the wings with one of DCL/Sandro up top, with Sigurdsson playing behind

That is a good formation too. Gives nice balance to the side. It will mean Rooney sits out though. That is something I don't think Koeman will do unless Sigu sits out and Rooney plays no 10.

That looks like a proper round-pegs-round-holes team and I like it a lot.

I'm trying to think of a balanced side that will allow some 'fringe' players a game.... I think 442 diamond could be the way

----------------- Pickford -----------------
Kenny------Holgate ----- Williams ----- Baines
----------------- Gueye ----------------------
Lookman ---------------------------------Vlasic
----------------- Sigurdsson --------------------
-------Sandro ----------------------- DCL ----------------

I'm trying to think of a balanced side that will allow some 'fringe' players a game.... I think 442 diamond could be the way

I'd swap Vlasic and Lookman to different flanks, because Kenny and Vlasic looked like they had something brewing there last week

Almost Baines/Pienaar style

You should be in charge mate!

That is a good formation too. Gives nice balance to the side. It will mean Rooney sits out though. That is something I don't think Koeman will do unless Sigu sits out and Rooney plays no 10.

That looks like a proper round-pegs-round-holes team and I like it a lot.

You should be in charge mate!

Cheers

I will concede that it's not an especially exciting formation to play like

Something like 4-3-3 is far more interesting, I just think the other one works better

Hello
can anyone tell me how to get BTSport2 for free tonight or find the match?
Can't get to Goodison tonight babysitting

Thank you

Sandro needs a goal to boost his confidence. I watched him play Real towards the end of last season when we were first linked to him and he was incredible. Both Madrid clubs were linked as well and you could see why.

this should be the team for me ... and we would smash these

Status
Not open for further replies.