Everton U23s doing great

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Besic, no idea. Doubt it, still at least 10 days away.

I think the team sheet is out about 30 mins prior to KO. May just be different tonight though.

They are not rushing him back at any pace at all. They are letting him recover fully before even before playing him in the under 23's. We will next see him in pre season in the first team squad.

He'll play before the end of the season as he is set to join full first team training post-Sunderland.

I think he will play for the under 23's just dont think they will push him that hard with current strength of the midfielders we have in the first team squad

Lot of impressive performances all over the pitch. Pennington, Feeney, Robinson, Kenny, Walsh Beni and dowell all did their first team aspirations no harm in front of Koeman. Really hope dowell can kick on from me here as his lovely quick feet and eye for a pass reminds me of a David Silva type player.

On way back from the game. Quick opinions of it. Game was a bit crap after 25 minutes.

Duffus- looks decent. Nowhere near first team ready but a centre forward with a bit of movement

Walsh/ dowell- flashes of quality. The game didn't spring to life as such for them but good passing about the pitch and we'll taken goals

Henen- looked a proper player when he came on. Should really be playing at his level now, flashes again but he looked like he has talent there to be playing competitively

Samboui - didn't impress me. Didn't do thst much

Ginger haired number 5- don't know his name haha. Looked solid. As the second half went on he looked assured and was strong in the tackle. Impressed me.

Wierd things in the game. Southampton taking a goal kick and the entire playing field went over to one side of the pitch for some reason. Never really seen that before.

The team tends to pass it about and to be honest did well, the first 25 minutes we looked a class above Southampton and didn't resort to hoofing whatsoever.

We passed it for too much in and around the box. Walsh goal he kept running in the box before scoring. Great goal but would never get chance in the first team level to do that. The minute we just shot rather than pass about dowell buries it for 2 and game over.

Southampton defence was shocking, looked like they didn't have a clue at times how to play and stood off our players far too much.

And finally. Man of the match. For me it was easy and who I thought looked a real talent. Benny bangimine. He massively impressed me, always running about, getting tackles in and all round great game from him. He looked for me tonight the most likely to step up in the future, if he adds a bit of muscle and learns his positioning whilst under unsworth then we could have a real talent there, think Gueye mark 2.

Robinson and Walsh impressed me most tonight. Robinson ran the left side on his own at times and was fantastic in attacking positions. Walsh just ran the game

Really good that, I was well impressed. Southampton didn't have a kick for the first 30 mins and didn't have a proper chance until after an hour. Pleased with the turnout as well, about 2000-3000 I'd say. Well in lads, win that league!

On way back from the game. Quick opinions of it. Game was a bit crap after 25 minutes.

Duffus- looks decent. Nowhere near first team ready but a centre forward with a bit of movement

Walsh/ dowell- flashes of quality. The game didn't spring to life as such for them but good passing about the pitch and we'll taken goals

Henen- looked a proper player when he came on. Should really be playing at his level now, flashes again but he looked like he has talent there to be playing competitively

Ginger haired number 5- don't know his name haha. Looked solid. As the second half went on he looked assured and was strong in the tackle. Impressed me.

Wierd things in the game. Southampton taking a goal kick and the entire playing field went over to one side of the pitch for some reason. Never really seen that before.

The team tends to pass it about and to be honest did well, the first 25 minutes we looked a class above Southampton and didn't resort to hoofing whatsoever.

We passed it for too much in and around the box. Walsh goal he kept running in the box before scoring. Great goal but would never get chance in the first team level to do that. The minute we just shot rather than pass about dowell buries it for 2 and game over.

Southampton defence was shocking, looked like they didn't have a clue at times how to play and stood off our players far too much.

And finally. Man of the match. For me it was easy and who I thought looked a real talent. Benny bangimine. He massively impressed me, always running about, getting tackles in and all round great game from him. He looked for me tonight the most likely to step up in the future, if he adds a bit of muscle and learns his positioning whilst under unsworth then we could have a real talent there, think Gueye mark 2.
Henen looked a bit crap mate, Sambou got himself about and stretched the defense, done more than henen for me

Just got back from the match myself, whilst I agree with most of your comments the 1 player most ready for the 1st team is Pennington, admittedly not up against much he oozed class and organised the defence really well . i honestly don't know why RK is supposedly looking at Keane, save the money.
Overall Everton won in a canter and outclassed Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.