Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely off topic, but why are you called The Eagles?
We were originally “The Glaziers”, very appropriately, but rather like Chelsea’s original nickname “The Pensioners” this was considered very out of the groove in those trendy early 70’s. The arrival of Malcolm Allison in 1973 turned Palace upside down. Gone was the traditional claret & blue, replaced by Red & Blue to replicate Barcelona (no, really) and Eagles (originally Allison’s Eagles) to replace Glaziers in tribute to Benfica. Two consecutive relegations later the Allison’s bit fell by the wayside. Eagle eyed viewers will note the lack of any real comparison with the Iberian duo but hey ho.

Rakitic: “I respect gays but do not want them in the same dressing room. I would not exit a team because of that, for I respect gays just like I respect dwarves, fat people and black people, but if possible I'd rather not have gay people in my life”

Getting a middle finger on this post is... discouraging...

Good to see wolves are the ones being rinsed for maitland niles and not us!

He’ll prob end up being up for the Ballon d'Or in a few years ffs.....

Well, he won’t - just sign some good players Everton, for the love of god my son is 6 and is starting to take an interest in football and I can’t sentence him to a life of this..... Think of the poor children.

We were originally “The Glaziers”, very appropriately, but rather like Chelsea’s original nickname “The Pensioners” this was considered very out of the groove in those trendy early 70’s. The arrival of Malcolm Allison in 1973 turned Palace upside down. Gone was the traditional claret & blue, replaced by Red & Blue to replicate Barcelona (no, really) and Eagles (originally Allison’s Eagles) to replace Glaziers in tribute to Benfica. Two consecutive relegations later the Allison’s bit fell by the wayside. Eagle eyed viewers will note the lack of any real comparison with the Iberian duo but hey ho.

Thats just weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.