Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
People always focus on Net spend.

But over the last 5 years our wage bill has increased from 86m a year to last years high of 162m.

Add in the 50m+ we have spent on replacing managers, the other 80m+ or so on Agents and then you wonder how we pay our leccy bill.
Yes. I saw our wage bill the other day and was quite shocked. That is our biggest problem I think currently.

Dishing out 100k a week to utterly mediocre players who wouldn’t command half as much elsewhere.
Absolutely needs to end.

Seems to be what we're trying to do, as well (Gabriel for example) yet the club are still getting pelters from some for it.

Obviously Gabriel looks a talent but he's not £100k p/wk worth.

Yes. I saw our wage bill the other day and was quite shocked. That is our biggest problem I think currently.

All feeds into one.

The wage bill is huge and some players are offering zero.

yes, we can all agree Gylfi etc shouldn't be starting but at the very least they do/have played.

Besic, Bolasie, Sandro (the main one) add up to about £210/15k in wages every week. And have contributed nothing for the past two seasons.

And as they're wages are so high, getting them off our books is extremely difficult because they aren't good enough for clubs who can afford to match what they're on here, so it requires them to either take a drop or us to subsidise on a loan agreement.

I hope one day we’ll have a window like Chelsea are having. Jesus.

We had 1.

window.jpg

It just goes to show Usmanov really isn’t around, that’s just smoke and mirrors.

He wouldn’t let a follow Russian oligarch make him look like a tramp, or his former club Arsenal beat us to players like Gabriel, while we buy their cast offs. How utterly depressing.

Regardless of whether he is or isn't, he couldn't pump more money in than we bring in in revenue.

That's FFP.

Our problem never is spending money, Moshiri has spent more than is reasonable to expect of him. It’s buying top quality, that we never seem to buy. Only Allan we’re linked with is any good tbh.

Whos to say Chelsea have signed good players?

Sure they all look great in the Dutch Farmers, DAS SPL, but can they do it on a rainy Wednesday in Stoke?

Probably, but we shall see.

Regardless of whether he is or isn't, he couldn't pump more money in than we bring in in revenue.

That's FFP.
FFP is illegal bro, how can you stop a club from spending their own money. At every challenge the powers that be will always back down, as they know one court judgment could bring the whole house of cards down.

FFP isn’t enforceable if their is enough willpower, even we’ve been creative with the stadium naming rights option deal. So if the willingness was there, more bolder steps could be taken.

It just goes to show Usmanov really isn’t around, that’s just smoke and mirrors.

He wouldn’t let a follow Russian oligarch make him look like a tramp, or his former club Arsenal beat us to players like Gabriel, while we buy their cast offs. How utterly depressing.
He is around mate. Got to try to show that we are operating within FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.