Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kia Joorabchian on Hojbjerg: “I spoke to Jose after Pierre went to Tottenham and he said - You were trying to get him to Arsenal. We never tried to get him to Arsenal. We had an offer from Everton, (is arsenal) It’s not true.”

Talksport today - that put our interest to rest

Kia Joorabchian on Hojbjerg: “I spoke to Jose after Pierre went to Tottenham and he said - You were trying to get him to Arsenal. We never tried to get him to Arsenal. We had an offer from Everton, (is arsenal) It’s not true.”

To me that says they did have an offer from Everton just not Arsenal.

Hopefully it means we are on the look out for 2x CM's if you include Allen.

He had a storming time at Forest.

Norwich's manager Farke has said he's been waiting 2 years to sign Dowell.

Just read that back to yourself. Norwich's manager. NORWICH. Just relegated from the PL. They scored one goal in their last 9 games post lockdown. They were desperate to sign Dowell.
What makes you think that this makes him good enough for be in Everton's team?

He did have a good spell at Forest - until they changed manager and he stopped getting a game. He's been ok everywhere else. Ok in the Championship. Not tearing it up. Just ok. We can and should do better.

He had a storming time at Forest.

Norwich's manager Farke has said he's been waiting 2 years to sign Dowell.
Was poor to average at Sheff Utd, poor at Derby and average at Wigan. Not exactly pulling up trees, doubt we will rue the day we sold him

Just read that back to yourself. Norwich's manager. NORWICH. Just relegated from the PL. They scored one goal in their last 9 games post lockdown. They were desperate to sign Dowell.
What makes you think that this makes him good enough for be in Everton's team?

He did have a good spell at Forest - until they changed manager and he stopped getting a game. He's been ok everywhere else. Ok in the Championship. Not tearing it up. Just ok. We can and should do better.
He was never given a chance here, so we can only point to his form in the Championship. He's a class above down there, but he still did his job. Itls much easier playing with better quality playerds around you. Dowell would have thrived in the PL with us or others. The fact he;ls had to step down to the Championship is an indictment of our top flight.

Was poor to average at Sheff Utd, poor at Derby and average at Wigan. Not exactly pulling up trees, doubt we will rue the day we sold him
As said above: if he'd been playing with class players, making moves and knowing how to create space, Dowell would have slotted in perfectly.

Anyone who cant see a class player in Dowell has little idea of football, IMO.

“One of the most talented players I have ever signed,” - Everton’s former head of academy recruitment Martin Waldron

I don't really rate the guy but for a £3m outlay you can't blame Spurs. It's almost a no lose situation for them depending on his wages.

Some glowing comments from Norwich's manager on Dowell. He sees him as a No10 and I think that could be his position.

We should have retained him and saved some cash. You dnt throw talent like that away. I'm very very pissed off with Ancelotti / Brands they saw fit to release him.

Not sure I trust the Norwich managers opinion over the dons if I'm honest with you Davek, after seeing his team in the prem last season.

As said above: if he'd been playing with class players, making moves and knowing how to create space, Dowell would have slotted in perfectly.

“One of the most talented players I have ever signed,” - Everton’s former head of academy recruitment Martin Waldron
''Yeah get rid of him, I don't mind'' - one of the greatest managers of all time

And you're going to place him in a team of crabs with a fanbase who hates players who don't press and work hard, he wouldn't make it here

Status
Not open for further replies.