Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some glowing comments from Norwich's manager on Dowell. He sees him as a No10 and I think that could be his position.

We should have retained him and saved some cash. You dnt throw talent like that away. I'm very very pissed off with Ancelotti / Brands they saw fit to release him.
Wonderful player. Sublime feet, great shot and an eye for goal. But doesn’t have the engine for the premiership. A crying shame

If you believe DCL to merit his place in the team then you'd have been going spare if he'd been judged on a handful of pre-season games wouldn't you?
I do agree, often young talent can be wasted but Dowell hasn't even done much on his loans to the championship. He's a strange one, he looks languid and the majority of fans from teams where he's been on loan all say he doesn't put the work in and goes missing from games.

If you believe DCL to merit his place in the team then you'd have been going spare if he'd been judged on a handful of pre-season games wouldn't you?

The lads done utterly zip in an Everton shirt in 4 years.

Wind it in Dave.

He needs regular footy and maybe he will rock up in the League 1 day with another team, but like the boy Gordon, he's simply not good enough currently for us.

You have a long history of denigrating talent that goes on to become realised.

Nope.

I do agree, often young talent can be wasted but Dowell hasn't even done much on his loans to the championship. He's a strange one, he looks languid and the majority of fans from teams where he's been on loan all say he doesn't put the work in and goes missing from games.
He's made a big impression in the Championship. Forest, Brentford - he never let them down. Nor Wigan.

The lads done utterly zip in an Everton shirt in 4 years.

Wind it in Dave.

He needs regular footy and maybe he will rock up in the League 1 day with another team, but like the boy Gordon, he's simply not good enough currently for us.

Nope.
Ha Ha. You;re writing Gordon off already too?

Lol.

We didn't get the chance to find out...
Not quite True. And I hope he develops and becomes another ‘sheedy’ a player who was slated for his work rate and going missing early in his career. Unfortunately he is not a player that will help move us forward from our present malaise. Not necessarily his fault. I wish him every success in his career.

He's made a big impression in the Championship. Forest, Brentford - he never let them down. Nor Wigan.
I didn't watch him on loan, only going by feedback from fans of the clubs he's loaned too and apart from 6months at Forest he's unanimously been average.

Some glowing comments from Norwich's manager on Dowell. He sees him as a No10 and I think that could be his position.

We should have retained him and saved some cash. You dnt throw talent like that away. I'm very very pissed off with Ancelotti / Brands they saw fit to release him.
Been out on 3 championship loans and hasn't done anything of note apart from a hattrick against a god awful hull team

Don’t know why you see him as a starter for this football club. He was ok in the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.