Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be very football manger-ish, but I watch a decent amount of Ligue 1 & Serie A, the following players are people we should and look to bring in, not including Gabriel & Allan as they are expensive, most of the following would be pretty cheap, Nothing from the Prem either if we are on a budget

Goalkeeper;

Sirigu - Easy, said this many times, brilliant Keeper, wouls start ahead of Pickford and teach him afew things if he stays, worked with Carlo, is 33 so afew years ahead of him & club want rid due to politics - €10 absolute maximum, we would get him for less

Jesse Joronen - plays for a club who just went down, only watched him 3 times in Serie A but he was brilliant each time & consistently being praised by team mates, come from Fulham academy so would be HG - their is competion in Italy to sign him for a rumoured €6mil

RightBack;

Malcuit - Read above basically, he was signed at Napoli when Ancelotti was in charge, is 29 now but available on loan, very fast, very good at tackling and picking his team mates out with passes - Loan whilst we see what to do with Kenny

Midfield;

Santamaria - not sure if we have been linked, but his positioning is amazing, pretty good engine, in general his defensive positioning is brilliant, usually organises their defensive shape if opposition have a set piece which is something he don't really have, an organiser - not sure about the price but French teams have been hit hard by Covid we could get him cheap enough

Fulgini - plays with Santamaria, very underrated and a future star, he's a very good dribbler and moves play to the pitch fast, powerful guy that is solid defensively - as above not sure, for me he is a must sign, wouldn't be suprised if he joins a team like Sevilla and is quoted at £50mil next summer - is out of contract next year, we could get him for €10mil

Sangare - a player everyone raves about but no one has watched, he has been pretty bad this year, for a defensive midfielder he plays some pretty outrageous passes, most of which this season hasn't worked out for the team, he's clumsy with the ball sometimes but he's a big physical lad and still young - talks of him being available for €12mil but their is a reason no one has gone in for him

Rightwing;

Raphinha - He's a superstar, excels at everything attacking and tracks back well, very good at picking players out that are in free space would need time to adapt but would be amazing - he's a club record signing and the most expensive on the list but would be worth every penny

Their are other players we could go for like Matty Cash or Maouassa but the above are realistic, cheap enough for our 'lack' of budget, would start for us & would do well in the Prem
Would get Santamaria and Sangare for the price of Allan.Not seen either play but from reading comments from others who I trust both highly rated and think could be future stars

Numerous articles from Italy saying the same this morning. We’ve heard it all before though and there’s no way we’ve either got, 40 million euros or willing to pay it. It’ll be far less than that surely otherwise this deal just isn’t happening.

A brilliant signing if we can wrap it up. Got all the traits and abilities we're lacking, a player with energy and aggression to win the ball back but also adept at pushing forward and playing a pass. He'll allow Gomes to push a little further forward which is where he almost looks most dangerous.

Get it wrapped up asap.

mate me looking at that shows we’re actually money wise wages or not etc competing if that’s the whole of Europe
I’m pretty sure we have money mate but that graph is the reason we can’t spend it at the minute. All the other clubs are winning trophies and playing in the champions league so they can sustain that amount of spend, 12th place Everton with no trophies or Europe can’t. It’s a shame we can’t give Ancelotti the backing Koeman got.

Some glowing comments from Norwich's manager on Dowell. He sees him as a No10 and I think that could be his position.

We should have retained him and saved some cash. You dnt throw talent like that away. I'm very very pissed off with Ancelotti / Brands they saw fit to release him.

Too many players on the book Dave, gotta get rid of people who aren't clearly big assets.

He's been a victim of circumstance as well, the revolving door of managers at the club has let some of our younger players slip through the cracks.

Too many players on the book Dave, gotta get rid of people who aren't clearly big assets.

He's been a victim of circumstance as well, the revolving door of managers at the club has let some of our younger players slip through the cracks.

Everyone agrees he has a lot of vision, and everyone agrees he didn't get a run in the first team.

I see it as a massive failing that he's been shown the door.

There may have been managers coming and going, but if they're football men they see talent and try and persevere and nurture it.

Status
Not open for further replies.