Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cos the link said he would cost 60m.

Aint nobody wanted to pay 60m for a player who scored 1 in 23 in Spain.

How much was he in reality though? And in a Simeone side he wouldn't get as many opportunities compared to a NES side. Styles of play vastly opposing.

How much was he in reality though? And in a Simeone side he wouldn't get as many opportunities compared to a NES side. Styles of play vastly opposing.

In reality he went on loan at first.

Which I'm sure nobody would have minded, but sadly he's a Mendes client so we didn't stand a chance.

The problem we also have is we have the worst luck when it comes to new signings.

Mina gets a lot of knocks, Digne is class and was building quite the parnership with Bernard and then Bern got injured.

Gomes had some great games, best player on the park against the RS and was started to tick then had that awful injury and Carlo is now playing him every game in what should be summer and then pre season for him to re-find his form. Can't blame carlo as we have no other midfielders.

Gbamin has been destroyed twice which is crazy bad luck. He is exactly what we have missed all season.

Iwobi i still don't get as a player. Not sure on his best position, when central he seems best but incredibly frustrating.

Kean is bedding in and i have no issues with him.

Delph is just McCarthy which is stupidly annoying as he is the leader we were crying out for.

Coupled with all of the above, Silva was not a good coach, then we had Dunc who did brilliantly and now we have one of the greatest managers in football history who needs a couple of transfer windows and his own players so then we can see where we are. The players have had a tumultuous year.

We never seem to get a player who immediately kicks on and scores/assists etc like other teams do ala Wolves (Jiminez), West Ham (Payet/Arnie) but we have to be PATIENT as a fan base because things are looking more positive than ever.

There are no easy/quick fixes when you have so many wasters at the club on high wages because of idiots Walsh and Koeman and Kenright.

There is no such thing as luck imo - I fully blame our medical department / training regime.

No team gets the sort of injuries we do in training so consistently.

I was ambivalent. Turned out to be a good signing for Wolves. Cost double now what he would be back then probably. Sometimes just keep open minded over players who might turn out to be half decent.
Jimenez at Everton would not have been Jimenez at Wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.