Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any concrete idea what's happening with the move for Gabriel?

Seemed a done deal a few months ago and now there's conflicting reports about our ability to 'afford' the transfer (probably FFP driven nonsense). Seen a few things today saying Napoli are close to getting Osimhen and Gabriel in a 100M deal from Lille.

On a positive note it hopefully signals that Koulibaly is going. Probably to City for 60-70M. Maybe even Allan too. Maybe even to us for the reported 30M.

Napoli, without CL, can't afford a 100M transfer splash without balancing the books with significant sales. Maybe a coincidence that the 100M bid for the Lille duo matches with the expected 100M that Koulibaly and Allan would bring in
Who knows what’s going on
Again rumours today he’s said yes to Napoli.
But I think they are putting 2 & 2 together as they are trying to sign the Lille forward as well.

Hopefully we are in the hunt for a CB.

Yeah but before this, off my head, weren't Dortmund in massive financial problems and the likes of Sevilla, Villareal and Valencia ahead of Atletico? I am probably wrong on that as I don't follow either league closely.

On the point about Lookman and Vlasic, both cost what 10m? And we made a profit from them? Jury is out on Kean but I bet a lot of Italian clubs would be queuing for him if we called it a day with him.

Indeed. There is always this assumption that it’s easier for Dortmund ‘because they are guaranteed European football’. But in 2007-08 Dortmund finished 13th in the table, 9th the season before, and had been out of the top 4 for a number of seasons previous to that too. It was clubs like Bayer Leverkusen, Werder Bremen, Schalke and Stuttgart that where at the top end with Bayern. Dortmund where languishing for seasons in Bundesliga and almost went bankrupt due to poor financial mismanagement.

Dortmund have worked hard to get back to where they are now, it wasn’t just a given that they where one of teams at the top end of the table able to guarantee players European football all the time. Been mistakes on the way too of course, and there are still mistakes! But still, a very positive story of how to get out of a deep rut.

Status
Not open for further replies.