Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be tempted to bring him back and make him play for us... even if he never gets a game.

He seems to be calling the shots since his transfer, he wants to play in Spain but we have been forced to subsidise his wages for three years already.
Let him stay at Everton or accept a lesser deal in Spain if he wants to get there so badly.

I think that even if he transfers to them we will still end up topping up his wages. This has been an expensive mistake for us. I'm not sure what has happened to this lad, he looked brilliant before we signed him

The problem is mate this is the first club that's ever shown interest in taking him on a perm.

Hes scored like 5 goals in the last 3 seasons.
I think that 100k per week is the real stumbling block.
I think there are probably some clubs that would look at him but every years I would guess there is a battle with Everton as they haggle over who contributes what to the 100k per week... meanwhile Sandro gets paid in full … largely by us and ends up where he wants to be .
If the club loaning him paid a large proportion of his wage that would be something but the suggestion is that we are carrying most of the cost.

I've never been impressed by him when we play Burnley but of course that's just limited viewing, Quite a few on here say's a decent talent.

Stood out last night for them. I always think he stands out as he has flair though, something nobody else at Burnley has. Mate who is a Burnley STH says hes good but good for them, not sure he'll go top top 4/6 really.

I think that even if he transfers to them we will still end up topping up his wages. This has been an expensive mistake for us. I'm not sure what has happened to this lad, he looked brilliant before we signed him
It certainly looked like a brilliant deal, it is hard to fathom how a young player performing at a high level for club and country could completely collapse into somebody nobody seems to want.

It certainly looked like a brilliant deal, it is hard to fathom how a young player performing at a high level for club and country could completely collapse into somebody nobody seems to want.

Perfect storm of a young lad having the season of his life and completely lost his confidence.

It would have been like if someone ploughed 120k per week at Davies after his first season. It was an impulsive, stupid signing from Steve Walsh and smacks of someone who didn't do enough due diligence.

Perfect storm of a young lad having the season of his life and completely lost his confidence.

It would have been like if someone ploughed 120k per week at Davies after his first season. It was an impulsive, stupid signing from Steve Walsh and smacks of someone who didn't do enough due diligence.
It certainly was a strange one, but I do think that Sandro at some early stage decided he wanted to go home and we facilitated that at a huge cost.

It certainly was a strange one, but I do think that Sandro at some early stage decided he wanted to go home and we facilitated that at a huge cost.

I watched him when he first arrived, and I actually thought he was good. I know Kevin Campbell was impressed in one of the latter pre-season games. Given he was 22 he looks like a willing runner in behind, had a bit of pace, seemed to work hard. I think he just got lost in a chaotic 6 months for the club. Had he gone to Watford, or how we were under Moyes he might have been ok, as he'd have been eased in. I don't think he's terrible, but then I think there's often a fine line between terrible and awful. Most players have certain abilities and you hope they are able to fit the system.

Hi guys maybe we should think about moving on Bernard and bringing in Ryan Fraser as a replacement on a free? Say we got 12-15mil for Bernard then that would be some nice profit and look great on our FFP balance sheet.
He was never a target. Came out in the press last week, whether you believe it or not

And I’m
Chuffed, he’s bang average and not worth the money.

Hi guys maybe we should think about moving on Bernard and bringing in Ryan Fraser as a replacement on a free? Say we got 12-15mil for Bernard then that would be some nice profit and look great on our FFP balance sheet.

Sensible suggestion that mate, you’ve recognised the major issue facing us at the moment which is FFP, very astute.

Think he's a very good prospect. 20 year old in an ultra defensive Burnley set up and he's got a about 11/12 combined assists/goals over the last 2 seasons.

Doesn't sound hugely impressive but not many young players are putting up those numbers.

Biggest concern isn't his talent it's whether he fits the system. Looks more like a traditional winger in a old school 4-4-2 system. Could he play offer systems?

I think Todd Cantwell is a similar level talent but may be a better fit for what we want to do in wide areas and/or attacking midfield.

Yes but Fraser will want £120k a week because he is "free", stats wise he has been poor this year, if we sign him on a 4 year deal we are as good as stuck with him on that kind of money. I think we have enough players that we have to sell and enough positions we need to strengthen without focusing on the Left Wing. We need CB, RB, DM, RW as a minimum and I think we need back up options for CF and GK

Anyone have any concrete idea what's happening with the move for Gabriel?

Seemed a done deal a few months ago and now there's conflicting reports about our ability to 'afford' the transfer (probably FFP driven nonsense). Seen a few things today saying Napoli are close to getting Osimhen and Gabriel in a 100M deal from Lille.

On a positive note it hopefully signals that Koulibaly is going. Probably to City for 60-70M. Maybe even Allan too. Maybe even to us for the reported 30M.

Napoli, without CL, can't afford a 100M transfer splash without balancing the books with significant sales. Maybe a coincidence that the 100M bid for the Lille duo matches with the expected 100M that Koulibaly and Allan would bring in

Status
Not open for further replies.