Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We probably need to avoid signing young or old players.

Thankfully Brands knows the score and has gone mainly for the 24-26 age group.

Kean will be putting him off going for younger and Delph putting him going for older going forward.

Allan at 29 is a real risk if he cant adapt to the league. He'll be coming on huge wages and i doubt we could shift him if he wasnt a success.

Rabiot i like, when hes in beast mode hes world class. However, again massive wages and a bit of a risk there.

If it was me, id be looking at Zakaria from Gladbach, Sangare at Toulouse and Soumare from lille. Or even Guimaraes at Lyon.

Lyon wanted Mina so there may even be a swap opportunity there...

Players like those with wages under £100k a week make more sense than a couple of risky players at well over £100k each.
Our midfield is awful and you’re suggesting buying kids. Dont know much about Zaharia. But apparently Sangare has been poor this season and soumare also has some parts of his game that needs to improve. How long do we wait?
Maybe buying one of them with a Allan would be a better option.

Just look at Ndombele, who looked a beast in the french league last summer.

Last edited:
Problem is Ndombele looked a monster in France look at him in England- we have to get out of the mindset of just because someone is highly rated or young they will boss it.

Allan at 29 is a risk but he could come in and be twice the player Soumare may be like Milner to Ndombele.

Same way Ings is turning into a top class CF yet some are more arsed signing young players like Kean who may not make it.

Every signing is a risk mate.

Allan looks a monster in italy and at 29 with massive wages its an enormous risk.

Signing a French 21-23 year old on half the wages allows us to sell him if they dont perform.

Instead of Rabiot and Allan id definitely be bringing in 2 younget players on lower wages.

We probably need to avoid signing young or old players.

Thankfully Brands knows the score and has gone mainly for the 24-26 age group.

Kean will be putting him off going for younger and Delph putting him going for older going forward.
Why would we want more Richarlisons or DCLs or Holgates

Allan looks a monster in italy and at 29 with massive wages its an enormous risk.

Signing a French 21-23 year old on half the wages allows us to sell him if they dont perform.

Instead of Rabiot and Allan id definitely be bringing in 2 younget players on lower wages.

Rabiot is 25 Zat mate, hes hardly old.

Why would we want more Richarlisons or DCLs or Holgates

Richarlison we paid big money for cos we knew he could adapt.

DCL and Holgate were bought for 4m, ive no issue with taking punts like Gibson, Braithwaite, but spending 20-25m on young lads from France and Italy to slot straight into the first team? Its a firm no from me.

I understand. For me though, Baines is already a risk due to his age and i think we need a young left back there. If we sell Digne we may need to sign 2 left backs which is awkward.

Id look at Ait Nouri from Angers or someone with that kind of profile. If anything happens to Digne were stuffed.

Id probably look at Kenny, Delph, Bernard and Keane as 4 players to sell for fees.

£40-50mil there and perhaps £300k in wages to use as well as the deadwood wages coming off.

With the FFP format we could have the fees we need for the 5 players we have to bring in.

With Digne, id go for the player i mentioned above or similar profile as a backup. Give Digne an extension and see if Thierry Small can break through.
I’d be up for selling all them to. And a few more like Davies & siggurdsson. The problem is are we likely to sell all them and early in the window.

We will probably sell 2, loan 2 and sell the rest on deadline day. So again we will be scrapping around on deadline day to sign a couple of players. I’m not saying I want Digne to go 100% just if someone came in with big money I wouid sell. Like I would sell Pickford too.

Are midfield is awful and you’re suggesting buying kids. Dont know much about Zaharia. But apparently Sangare has been poor this season and soumare also has some parts of his game that needs to improve. How long do we wait?
Maybe buying one of them with a Allan would be a better option.

Just look at Ndombele, who looked a beast in the french league last summer.

Zakaria plays in Germany and is 23. Soumare looks a quality player at 21 and Sangare is 22.

DCL, Holgate and Richarlison are all 23, and these players just add to that group.

Clearly somethings gone on with Mourinho and Ndombele...the boy has downed tools.

Rabiot may be loved by Ancelotti and could be a world beater...Allan could be amazing for 3 seasons.

But both very expensive high risk signings who eat up a wage bill we are trying to lower.

Richarlison we paid big money for cos we knew he could adapt.

DCL and Holgate were bought for 4m, ive no issue with taking punts like Gibson, Braithwaite, but spending 20-25m on young lads from France and Italy to slot straight into the first team? Its a firm no from me.
Well it depends doesn't it, because if they're 21-23 and have played 50+ games they are both young and not a complete unknown as to whether they can do it at senior level or not. 20m on someone who is barely out of the youth teams is probably too risky.

I’d be up for selling all them to. And a few more like Davies & siggurdsson. The problem is are we likely to sell all them and early in the window.

We will probably sell 2, loan 2 and sell the rest on deadline day. So again we will be scrapping around on deadline day to sign a couple of players. I’m not saying I want Digne to go 100% just if someone came in with big money I wouid sell. Like I would sell Pickford too.

Lets be honest every player is available for the right offer.

But players like Digne and Rico, it would need some offer for me.

Rabiot is 25 Zat mate, hes hardly old.

My point with him is his fee and salary + the risk of him not adapting or reaching his potential.

Very hard to sell both him and Allan if they dont cut it.

Better to do what Brands/Moshiri said which is to pay higher fees for lower wage young players u25.

Well it depends doesn't it, because if they're 21-23 and have played 50+ games they are both young and not a complete unknown as to whether they can do it at senior level or not. 20m on someone who is barely out of the youth teams is probably too risky.

Kean has ruined it all for me, as you may know I'm not a fan of yoot as it is and when we were first linked with Kean I dismissed it as fantasy, but lets be honest he's stunk the gaff out so far. Defo not giving up on him, I'm willing to give him time to adapt, but even Holgate and DCL we have had to wait 3 years for both to get to the level they are at.

Clearly the upside is huge, John Stones highlights it and its better to spend 20m on a 21 year old rather than a 31 year old, but I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.