Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point with him is his fee and salary + the risk of him not adapting or reaching his potential.

Very hard to sell both him and Allan if they dont cut it.

Better to do what Brands/Moshiri said which is to pay higher fees for lower wage young players u25.

I personally wouldn't touch Rabiot, he's very, very talented but he's a prize bellend. Havent seen Allan play, but again he's a major risk that probably isn't worth it.

Kean has ruined it all for me, as you may know I'm not a fan of yoot as it is and when we were first linked with Kean I dismissed it as fantasy, but lets be honest he's stunk the gaff out so far. Defo not giving up on him, I'm willing to give him time to adapt, but even Holgate and DCL we have had to wait 3 years for both to get to the level they are at.

Clearly the upside is huge, John Stones highlights it and its better to spend 20m on a 21 year old rather than a 31 year old, but I dunno.
The only thing that has gone wrong for Kean in my view is that the other strikers have been better and he's been relegated to cameo appearances and the occasional start.

I mean he played against Newcastle and scored, got a decent chunk of time against Watford and set up the winner and since has played 3, 5, 32, 1 and 9 minutes in his appearances. And the 32 was when we got absolutely tonked by Chelsea. It is basically impossible to shine in those circumstances.

The only thing that has gone wrong for Kean in my view is that the other strikers have been better and he's been relegated to cameo appearances and the occasional start.

I mean he played against Newcastle and scored, got a decent chunk of time against Watford and set up the winner and since has played 3, 5, 32, 1 and 9 minutes in his appearances. And the 32 was when we got absolutely tonked by Chelsea. It is basically impossible to shine in those circumstances.

And I agree.

But its a dice roll at this point whether he puts his head down and fights or just demands out cos he cba.

Every league has successes and failures when their players transfer to the prem. Absolutely idiotic to discount buying from a league just by judging them from the failures and ignoring the successes that come over.

And I agree.

But its a dice roll at this point whether he puts his head down and fights or just demands out cos he cba.
You know I can't ever blame a player for wanting out when he isn't playing. Careers are too short to spend multiple years fighting for your place at a club that isn't even winning things.

Seen a 'Sell Kean, buy Ings' shout and my head has rolled off

Hmmm 27 year old in his prime on 21 goals

19 year old with 1 goal all season yet looks tidy on YouTube

This is why we dont deserve nice things. You ask fans of any other of the 18 clubs in the league and they would choose Ings over Kean hands down.

Some let their blue tinted glasses take over.

John Stones is a big improvement on any of our defenders. He is a better defender, and less importantly he’s much better on the ball than all our CBs.

You usually get better as a team by buying or developing better players. Players that are an improvement on the incumbent. John Stones is considerably better than all our current CBs.

If he’s available and circumstances are right for us, then we should bring him back.

Holgate is quality, and I think has a very high ceiling, keep him and partner him with Stones or another elite CB, and then throw Michael Keane and Mina at any one who will take them.

City have Otamendi who is 32 and play Fernandinhi who is 35 playing CB.

Dont see how they can even sell Stones personally, I mean they will probably buy a CB in the Summer, but be shocked if they bought 2.

Kean has ruined it all for me, as you may know I'm not a fan of yoot as it is and when we were first linked with Kean I dismissed it as fantasy, but lets be honest he's stunk the gaff out so far. Defo not giving up on him, I'm willing to give him time to adapt, but even Holgate and DCL we have had to wait 3 years for both to get to the level they are at.

Clearly the upside is huge, John Stones highlights it and its better to spend 20m on a 21 year old rather than a 31 year old, but I dunno.
I personally wouldn't touch Rabiot, he's very, very talented but he's a prize bellend. Havent seen Allan play, but again he's a major risk that probably isn't worth it.

And I agree.

Every league has successes and failures when their players transfer to the prem. Absolutely idiotic to discount buying from a league just by judging them from the failures and ignoring the successes that come over.

This is why we dont deserve nice things. You ask fans of any other of the 18 clubs in the league and they would choose Ings over Kean hands down.

My take is really simple...

Rabiot 25 and given his breakthrough by Ancelotti...potentially world class but 25 now so how long is that potential not realised? His mum is his agent and a total nightmare apparently.

Allan 30 soon and another former ancelotti player, done brilliantly in Italy but dropped by Gattuso for lack of effort.

Both players will be on £125k weekly salaries.

Soumare, Sangare, Guimaraes, Zakaria or other 21-23 year olds will be on £50k-75k and seem to be more stable characters who are on an upward trajectory.

If we sign Rabiot / Allan and both/either flop we will be in the same mess weve been with Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Bolasie etc.

At least with the 21-23 group its half the risk if they dont succeed on wages and there would be someone there to loan/buy them.

Bissouma at Brighton could be another option, 24 in august.

For me though, Zakaria and Soumare ideally...very high ceilings.

He's done it for one season though, If we bought him his leg would be hanging off and would be missing sitters.

He's done it for one season though, If we bought him his leg would be hanging off and would be missing sitters.

Considering he has spent the last few years on Liverpools bench/ with injury problems you cant fully judge.

At 27 he's now in the prime of his career and over his injuries - not saying he's world class but I would take him 110% over that clown we have blowing out his backside after 10 minutes on the pitch.

My take is really simple...

Rabiot 25 and given his breakthrough by Ancelotti...potentially world class but 25 now so how long is that potential not realised? His mum is his agent and a total nightmare apparently.

Allan 30 soon and another former ancelotti player, done brilliantly in Italy but dropped by Gattuso for lack of effort.

Both players will be on £125k weekly salaries.

Soumare, Sangare, Guimaraes, Zakaria or other 21-23 year olds will be on £50k-75k and seem to be more stable characters who are on an upward trajectory.

If we sign Rabiot / Allan and both/either flop we will be in the same mess weve been with Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Bolasie etc.

At least with the 21-23 group its half the risk if they dont succeed on wages and there would be someone there to loan/buy them.

Bissouma at Brighton could be another option, 24 in august.

For me though, Zakaria and Soumare ideally...very high ceilings.
Bissouma is not good. The rest are fine, although Soumare doesn't bring the skills we need next to Gomes as much as Sangare or Zakaria would.

Considering he has spent the last few years on Liverpools bench/ with injury problems you cant fully judge.

At 27 he's now in the prime of his career and over his injuries - not saying he's world class but I would take him 110% over that clown we have blowing out his backside after 10 minutes on the pitch.

It would take an enormous fee for a player with a very questionable injury record.

Its a huge no from me. We need players who will be fit. We have enough who spend the majority of gheir time in the treatment room.

Status
Not open for further replies.