Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying "we need CM-RW-RB-CB" or whatever are really missing the biggest issue. It's really more along the lines of "CM-CM-RW-CM-RB-CB"

We are absolutely terrible in CM. We need a MASSIVE overhaul. Rabiot is talented as hell but it shouldn't be an either/or with him, it should be someone like him AND another CM and even maybe ANOTHER CM. I cannot express how awful we are there. There are teams in the Championship who have a considerably better midfield than us.
Allan and Raibot would transform our midfield.

Let's be honest, it's all down to luck. They're a nothing club, always have been, they got lucky that a super agent decided to use them as their project. Its got nothing to do with recruitment, they may as well sack all their scouts and just have mendes negotiate all their deals.
Always makes me smile when supporters of “big” clubs can’t accept that other clubs are capable of being successful.

it’s got everything to do with recruitment and coaching. Mendes didn’t find Coady/Docherty/Traore/Saiss, Nuno has turned them into players. Likewise he has developed Jota/Neto/Jonny/Vinagre, and recruited to suit a defined style of play.

Everton would be better off with a similar model rather than chucking money at Ajax/Arsenal/Swansea/Watford etc for overrated players and a revolving door for managers.

looking forward to the game at Molineux - last few games with Everton have been crackers.

And by the way - Everton should be going for Europa league this season, no guarantees of top 6 next season with the competition now.

If one get injured we're back to the dregs. And I'm not counting Gomes, who knows where he really fits in with Carlos' system. We are just so so poor and get overrun constantly. Remember the Chelsea match, they had like 3 players who had less than 5 games under their belt and they absolutely destroyed us. Hell, we were even overrun in the first half against the worst team in the league 4 days ago!

Since when could Stones not defend? He was brilliant for us at times and could completely dominate some of the top strikers in the league. Yes he’s had a few rocky periods under Guardiola with injury and playing next to some less than great partners. Let’s not pretend though he’s not an absolute league above Michael Keane.

Good player Stones. Hugely exposed defence at city...

Sell Digne for 60, buy Rabiot for 40. Nice little carve up of FFP. Should work out at about a 45mil profit on the books.

Digne should have a new 5 year deal. Wouldnt think of selling him.

As much as I dislike Davies - Delph should be the next CM out the door.

Offers us nothing, bad attitude, never fit for selection, on higher wages - get him booted to WBA or the like.

Delph to leeds i hope if they come up.

Im confident they would be £250k in wages a week...£70mil in fees.

We could probably be able to spend £40-50mil and £120k in wages and bring in a couple of really althletic players.

We could probably be able to spend £40-50mil and £120k in wages and bring in a couple of really althletic players.

Nah Allan & Rabiot do not fit in their clubs plans.

Both will go for a maximum £25 million each this window imo - clubs are skint already with COVID they aint turning down £25 million for a squad player that has no future at the club imo.

Always makes me smile when supporters of “big” clubs can’t accept that other clubs are capable of being successful.

it’s got everything to do with recruitment and coaching. Mendes didn’t find Coady/Docherty/Traore/Saiss, Nuno has turned them into players. Likewise he has developed Jota/Neto/Jonny/Vinagre, and recruited to suit a defined style of play.

Everton would be better off with a similar model rather than chucking money at Ajax/Arsenal/Swansea/Watford etc for overrated players and a revolving door for managers.

looking forward to the game at Molineux - last few games with Everton have been crackers.

And by the way - Everton should be going for Europa league this season, no guarantees of top 6 next season with the competition now.

Wouldn't count on any game being a cracker under the current situation tbh mate

I was thinking about FFP. And if bringing in big money for someone like Digne, helped us add 3 or 4 real quality players. Then I wouid be definitely up for it.

Nah Allan & Rabiot do not fit in their clubs plans.

Both will go for a maximum £25 million each this window imo - clubs are skint already with COVID they aint turning down £25 million for a squad player that has no future at the club imo.

Allan at 29 is a real risk if he cant adapt to the league. He'll be coming on huge wages and i doubt we could shift him if he wasnt a success.

Rabiot i like, when hes in beast mode hes world class. However, again massive wages and a bit of a risk there.

If it was me, id be looking at Zakaria from Gladbach, Sangare at Toulouse and Soumare from lille. Or even Guimaraes at Lyon.

Lyon wanted Mina so there may even be a swap opportunity there...

Players like those with wages under £100k a week make more sense than a couple of risky players at well over £100k each.

Allan at 29 is a real risk if he cant adapt to the league. He'll be coming on huge wages and i doubt we could shift him if he wasnt a success.

Rabiot i like, when hes in beast mode hes world class. However, again massive wages and a bit of a risk there.

If it was me, id be looking at Zakaria from Gladbach, Sangare at Toulouse and Soumare from lille. Or even Guimaraes at Lyon.

Lyon wanted Mina so there may even be a swap opportunity there...

Players like those with wages under £100k a week make more sense than a couple of risky players at well over £100k each.

Problem is Ndombele looked a monster in France look at him in England- we have to get out of the mindset of just because someone is highly rated or young they will boss it.

Allan at 29 is a risk but he could come in and be twice the player Soumare may be like Milner to Ndombele.

Same way Ings is turning into a top class CF yet some are more arsed signing young players like Kean who may not make it.

Every signing is a risk mate.

I was thinking about FFP. And if bringing in big money for someone like Digne, helped us add 3 or 4 real quality players. Then I wouid be definitely up for it.

I understand. For me though, Baines is already a risk due to his age and i think we need a young left back there. If we sell Digne we may need to sign 2 left backs which is awkward.

Id look at Ait Nouri from Angers or someone with that kind of profile. If anything happens to Digne were stuffed.

Id probably look at Kenny, Delph, Bernard and Keane as 4 players to sell for fees.

£40-50mil there and perhaps £300k in wages to use as well as the deadwood wages coming off.

With the FFP format we could have the fees we need for the 5 players we have to bring in.

With Digne, id go for the player i mentioned above or similar profile as a backup. Give Digne an extension and see if Thierry Small can break through.

Status
Not open for further replies.