Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
....the rumour of Juventus wanting Digne in a swap deal for Rabiot is odd. Saying that, I wonder if player exchange could be a feature of this window given the impact of Lockdown.

yeah, i think it would be, sadly it's not an option we can explore, because the only players teams would want to swap with us would be the players we don't want to get rid of and the only teams we'd be able to deal with all have crap players.

Since when could Stones not defend? He was brilliant for us at times and could completely dominate some of the top strikers in the league. Yes he’s had a few rocky periods under Guardiola with injury and playing next to some less than great partners. Let’s not pretend though he’s not an absolute league above Michael Keane.

A whole 8 minutes discussing how crap he is.

....the rumour of Juventus wanting Digne in a swap deal for Rabiot is odd. Saying that, I wonder if player exchange could be a feature of this window given the impact of Lockdown.

Can see a LOT of player trading happening this window myself.

Every single club is utterly skint.

People saying "we need CM-RW-RB-CB" or whatever are really missing the biggest issue. It's really more along the lines of "CM-CM-RW-CM-RB-CB"

We are absolutely terrible in CM. We need a MASSIVE overhaul. Rabiot is talented as hell but it shouldn't be an either/or with him, it should be someone like him AND another CM and even maybe ANOTHER CM. I cannot express how awful we are there. There are teams in the Championship who have a considerably better midfield than us.

Last edited:
The Stones thing feels like pure media speculation to me - just them guessing at what could make sense.

Regardless, I wouldn’t want him back. My rule is that if a player leaves for a “bigger” club and more riches, then when they fail they can’t come crawling back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.