Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming on a another teams forum to passively aggressively defend an ex player and ingratiate themselves with anti Liverpool comments. Dangerous.

Very very VERY dangerous.

We must hold the line. In fact this is as good a reason as any to sell Pickford.

Bit of Gascoigne? For real? Which bit... his veruchah? Not on the same scale mate.

Yes for real. Nearest to.
Grealish is a player. Now wether he can go to a better club and show just how good time will tell. Great time to get him. But i think you'll see how rated he is because we wont be the only ones after him if he leaves villa.

Looks to be a bit of a CB merry go round in the news this morning. Napoli are in a good position to sign Gabriel from Lille, so they can sell Koulibally to Man City, and then Everton will sign John Stones

Everton are also interested in Marsaille CB Boubacar Kamara, presumably if we don't get Stones

Looks like its Gabriel,Todibo, Stones and Kamara as the linked centre backs.

My ten pence on John Stones:

When he burston the scene (and burst he did) there were very few if any ENGLISH centrehalves who played like him. Nowadays they are far more common and there are younger ones who are better than Stones who have somewhat raised the bar making him look quite poor.

I wouldn’t take him fwiw.

When he burston the scene (and burst he did) there were very few if any ENGLISH centrehalves who played like him. Nowadays they are far more common and there are younger ones who are better than Stones who have somewhat raised the bar making him look quite poor.

He’s no better then when he left and arguably worse. I think keane could play in city’s defence for the majority of their games, they have that much possession.

He wouldn't be my choice to sign, but would you not find it at least a bit interesting to see what Ancelotti could do with him? I said this a few days ago, but for all Guardiola's myriad talents, defensive coaching is far from his forté

He wouldn't be my choice to sign, but would you not find it at least a bit interesting to see what Ancelotti could do with him? I said this a few days ago, but for all Guardiola's myriad talents, defensive coaching is far from his forté
Very true and I would be interested but my overbearing recollection of Stones is that he wasn’t the greatest defender. Right Back obviously flattered him and as he grew older he kind of crossed the line where you could forgive a lack of defensive nous due to youthful inexperience. I will accept that he was playing and then downing tools for a move towards the end though.

I won’t compare them as players as they’re very different but I think the kind of progression Holgate has shown for us is what City expected of Stones prompting them to drop a huge amount of money on him but that obviously never really happened. Holgate isn’t on £100,000+ a week though which I’m sure hasn’t helped John Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.