Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think a better right side would improve us loads, as would a quality CM, of course. Quality is lacking in all those areas, I would consider the top 3 are most glaring.
That’s fair. It really would help to have an improved right side to give us some balance. We just seem to get run over, around, and through in the middle.

Richarlison isnt a CF for me certainly not one in a 4-4-2

Get him out wide where he still offers us 12-15 goals a season whilst also his overall quality and desire to track back and help his fullback.

Get a proper CF in who slots for fun and is a natural finisher.

Get him out wide where he still offers us 12-15 goals a season whilst also his overall quality and desire to track back and help his fullback.

So you want to buy somebody to play uptop with BIG DOM, after you have spent the last 3 years ripping him to shreds?

Interesting.

So you want to buy somebody to play uptop with BIG DOM, after you have spent the last 3 years ripping him to shreds?

Interesting.

Ideally long term I would rather we have two top quality CF's with DCL off the bench when chasing the game / needing to throw the kichen sink at it Origi style but as you mentioned yourself in an earlier post funds will be limited to essential positions so no way will we be signing 2x strikers this summer.

But yes if it means Richarlison out wide and a top CF slotter in the mould of a Lukaku type forward coming in up top then I think it would benefit us more than DCL/Rich up top and someone like Walcott staying out wide or some RW coming in who may or may not offer us the sort of threat we need.

Richarlison suits being up top in a 433 type like for Brazil and how Klopp uses Salah/Mane but for me 442 doesnt utilise his strengths enough.

Interesting.

Dont need to anyway, Richy is a striker. Pacey, powerful, strong, good movement, good footwork, can control the ball and can finish left, right footed or header. The fact that when we need to change things we could move him wide is a bonus.

Challenge accepted and achieved!

The goals at 0:52 and 2:00 showcase how good this guy really is. You're welcome.......

World class Oumar
That was a hilarious watch thank you! He scores an own goal in there, but its so indistinguishable from a regular oumar goal, it stays in the highlights reel!

The 2nd he falls over and accidentally slices it in.
3rd just hits his head out the blue, not sure he meant to direct it.
4th was essentially already over the line.
The 5th is an own goal...
6th, shins all the way.
8th another off balance slice/scuff
10th is the stuff dreams are made of.
13th akin to Loris and Benzema
15th I'm trying to guess which of their defenders he actually meant to pass it to
16th he seems to be infectious in making the opposition slide tackle their own players

Very underrated. The 3 goals that stand out for me, in no particular order are the one when he shoots and then falls over, the second one when the scores and gets his foot stuck in the goal netting and finally the one where his team mate shoots and it ricochets off his shin from 1 yard out.
The one you're referring to is an own goal. You're forgiven for mistaking it, it looks just like all his other goals.

I think right now we need 4 positions, everything else is a luxury. CM, RW, CB, and RB. While it would be great to shore up a few other places, adding a top CM, RW, and RB for example would go a long way to improving results and making things easier for everyone around them.

I haven’t seen much of Tobido or Gabriel. In Tobido’s defence and why you would hope he would be a lot more professional, which would be a slight worry.

But if he knows he definitely isn’t staying at Schalke and they have nothing to play for, not that surprising that he didn’t break his balls, especially if he took a knock early. And who knows maybe he thinks Wagner isn’t a good coach.

Obviously it looks like they can’t afford Kenny either , who is still putting a shift in to be fair to him.
...attitude is such an important factor and if he has downed tools that would further put me off.

Everyone of the Schalke players was dreadful in the Dortmund game.

This isn't an exaggeration when I say he's quite literally been one of the best players in the league in that role since Carlo took over. That goes for Calvert-Lewin too. Are we really going to move our best all around attacker (i.e. scoring and creating) away from where he's been awesome at that so that he can play more defense? That's seriously your idea?

He wants to be a striker so let him be a striker. We want to keep him happy and here.

That was a hilarious watch thank you! He scores an own goal in there, but its so indistinguishable from a regular oumar goal, it stays in the highlights reel!

The 2nd he falls over and accidentally slices it in.
3rd just hits his head out the blue, not sure he meant to direct it.
4th was essentially already over the line.
The 5th is an own goal...
6th, shins all the way.
8th another off balance slice/scuff
10th is the stuff dreams are made of.
13th akin to Loris and Benzema
15th I'm trying to guess which of their defenders he actually meant to pass it to
16th he seems to be infectious in making the opposition slide tackle their own players

I couldn't get past two minutes of that. He still makes be believe that I still have a chance of making it.

Ultimately I can see the 4-4-2 reverting into a 4-3-2-1

At Milan, Chelsea and Madrid, Carlo uses for example Pirlo/Mikel/Alonso as a playmaker using cover from 2 midfielders in front. This created time for this player but also covered him and gave space for the alternative pass to the covering midfielders.

I could see Gomes behind for example a defensive pairing of Gbamin and Schneiderlin.

Now I know Gomes isn't Pirlo or Alonso but he can spot a good ball every now and then.

With this system you require a lot of energy from the Midfielders but also a high level of passing accuracy.

Seeing players like Allen, Hojberg and Rabiot linked would cover the other two spots in terms of strength, playing ability and experience.

I believe Richarlison will play behind DCL with the other spot taken up between Kean/Walcott unless we sign a right winger. They provide that pace and width requested of them but ultimately frees DCL to push up top.

Key to this formation are wingbacks and midfielders who are comfortable on the ball but essentially have an engine on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.