Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIGHT BACK

I liked Tete when he was at Ajax. Surprised hes not done much and has been seen as a 2nd choice...hes a good player.

I think he could be a good signing for us if we kept Coleman and then in 12 months time we move Coleman on and bring in an upgrade.

My choice would be Emerson who Barca + Betis jointly own (Barca hold a buyout though)

CENTRE BACK

Clear choice of Gabriel so Holgate can play at right sided centre back:

RIGHT WING

Antony because he and Emerson I can imagine would be a fantastic partnership...future Brazil right side (caveat Ive only seen highlights of him) and very exciting which is what weve needed since Kanchelskis. I think Ajax have already signed him so we would need to give them some profit.

CENTRE MIDFIELD

Bruno Guimaraes who has only recently signed for Lyon. Bit of a long shot but hes adapted quickly and we would need to put in a fairly high offer:

So, a very romantic 4 Brazilian signings...all very exciting talents and Ancelotti has turned Brazilian players into world class stars in the past.

I'll probably change my mind in a few days but wouldnt it be nice to have more Brazilians in the team?

What about the winger Everton. We need more Brazilians

He is in his 1st season in a faster league and he is getting it for the price tag ,if you haven't read/seen the grief he gets you are choosing not to.
I'm not writing him off yet in his 1st season.
Well he may have be getting stick off Arsenal fans on twitter or forum. Or the fans who do podcasts. I was talking about tge likes of talksport, Sky 5 live and all these Ex players that went to town when we signed a 21yr old kid for 35/40 mil. And we are still getting grief now in some quarters regarding Richarlison.

I can remember the club getting questioned, when we paid 28mil for lukaku. And a Chelsea ex player laughing at what we paid.

Maybe not being an Arsenal fan or from London, I don’t see it. So far enough

What about the winger Everton. We need more Brazilians

Id be someone who would like everton to join but he plays on the left...perhaps if we sold Bernard or Iwobi.

As it is wed be talking Gabriel, Emerson, Antony and Guimaraes so thats probably already £100mil.

Thing is, theres always a market for Brazilians and those ones are all young and if any flopped they wouldnt be hard to shift.

RIGHT BACK

I liked Tete when he was at Ajax. Surprised hes not done much and has been seen as a 2nd choice...hes a good player.

I think he could be a good signing for us if we kept Coleman and then in 12 months time we move Coleman on and bring in an upgrade.

My choice would be Emerson who Barca + Betis jointly own (Barca hold a buyout though)

CENTRE BACK

RIGHT WING

Antony because he and Emerson I can imagine would be a fantastic partnership...future Brazil right side (caveat Ive only seen highlights of him) and very exciting which is what weve needed since Kanchelskis. I think Ajax have already signed him so we would need to give them some profit.

CENTRE MIDFIELD

Bruno Guimaraes who has only recently signed for Lyon. Bit of a long shot but hes adapted quickly and we would need to put in a fairly high offer:

So, a very romantic 4 Brazilian signings...all very exciting talents and Ancelotti has turned Brazilian players into world class stars in the past.

I'll probably change my mind in a few days but wouldnt it be nice to have more Brazilians in the team?

Isn’t there a cap on how many non-Eu players you’re allowed in the prem, or did they get rid of that?

RIGHT BACK

CENTRE BACK

RIGHT WING

CENTRE MIDFIELD

Good luck getting work permits.

Right Back

For me has to be of the same level as Digne. A lot of rumours of Max Aaron's, Kenny Tete, Santiago Arias but I would like us to sign:

Dumfries - PSV: Outstanding season with 7 goals and 3 assists. In terms of the type of player he reminds me of Lescott - strong, great in the air and adaptable can play right back, centre back and defensive midfielder. He is also the current captain of PSV so in terms of responsibility and leadership he's perfect.

Fee would be around £15-20m but he is waiting for that next step and at 24 he has plenty of years to recoup that fee.

Centre Back
I have been won over by our longest medical EVER in Gabriel but I think the rumours of us signing a 2nd centre back won't go away especially when Keane was rumoured to be off to Spurs in January. We have Mina, Holgate and hopefully Gabriel lined up so links to Barca's Todibo but if we are going for another centre back

Ajer - Celtic ticks more boxes for me. Experience in British and European football. At a good age and has everything a proper centre back has, pace, height, strength and he has added goals to his game be it just in Scotland.

Linked with Leicester and Man City so he certainly has a good enough pedigree but could be too pricey (£20m+) however should Gabriel not come off, I could see us focusing highly on him.

Defensive Midfielder
The gaping hole left by Gueye just highlighted how slow, tame and complaisant our midfield is. Gbamin shows some promise but hardly had a chance. Allen from Napoli has been linked which is a great shout but I hardly think we should be paying £35m (rumoured) for a defensive midfielder aged 29. I think if we could get him closer to £20m then maybe but I would opt for

Koopmeiners - AZ Alkmaar
Another outstanding season and showing more and more consistent performance at just 22. On the brink of become a full International and pushed Ajax all the way in the Dutch league.

He is a key quality which we are lacking with goals added to his game from set-pieces plus a great age with already plenty of experience.

Looking at £20-25m for him but he will slot in next to Gomes in left side centre midfield and provide the cover plus a bigger threat then Gueye.

Right Winger
This is the position I think we need to go BIG on. In Richarlison, DCL and Kean I think we have enough attacking threat to get us further up the league next season but we have been off-sided for a long time on the right. Walcott has been out there with no real possibility of anyone taking that slot and Gordon is possibility more of a left winger.

We have been linked to nearly every winger since day one of Carlo got here from Bouanga, Under or
Everton but i don't think they scream Brands/Ancelotti signing.

One player does

Lozano - Napoli
Both Brands and Carlo know exactly what he can do for us. Hard working, reliable and trustworthy player who has that X Factor we saw in the World Cup and against Liverpool in this year's Champions League. Pace to burn and willing to fight for the club. Napoli don't want him under Gattuso so they will try and get back their £35m they spent last season.

I think can get him for £25-30 and the risk is low because he will make that right side his own and honestly in this league he would easy get 10/15 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.