Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a talker, one who commands his box and will take crosses out of the air. We need a big keeper who won't be intimidated when the opposition put a player on him at corners. Not asking for much am I ?

Pickford’s a talker but sadly no-one can understand a flippin’ word he says, sadly as you say he doesn’t command his box, and when he comes for crosses it’s heart in the mouth stuff!

I don't think we are going to get Gabriel. We paid about 30m for Iwobi but only offer 20m for Gabriel where is the logic, by the time Brands has made up his mind what to pay the player has gone, sureley paying 30m for a young very good Brazilian who could play for 10 years is no price in this day and age.

As we saw from Brands with Mina (and possibly iwobi) hes someone who will wait and keep trying to have other clubs bring the price down.

I imagine we would have sealed the deal for Gabriel already and thats when covid hit europe...

I reckon brands chose to hold off on the formal offer as there were alot of other factors emerging in light of the virus...one thing may be that he thought there may be other players available at attainable prices...

Another may be that he wanted to see if he could bring Lille down...

It may also be that Gabriel has agreed to join and were just confirming the payment structures.

Who knows...

@ForeverBlue92 Everton now waiting for the window to open and available at a lower fee for buyers.

@ForeverBlue92 Everton now waiting for the window to open and available at a lower fee for buyers.

:coffee:

That Argentinian forward who was linked a year or two back...Adolfo Gaich apparently being offered around.

Says we were keen on him also in Jan according to Foot Mercato

Is it ok if I'm not excited for Rafael Silva? He's got one season where he scored 17 goals and the rest of his career he's been around a 1 in 3 player in an inferior league. And a bunch of those are on one of the league's dominant teams.

Plus he's just turned 27 and is pace dependent. It just stinks of a player we desperately try to sell for 5m in 3 years.
Sounds a bit like Theo...

As we saw from Brands with Mina (and possibly iwobi) hes someone who will wait and keep trying to have other clubs bring the price down.

I imagine we would have sealed the deal for Gabriel already and thats when covid hit europe...

I reckon brands chose to hold off on the formal offer as there were alot of other factors emerging in light of the virus...one thing may be that he thought there may be other players available at attainable prices...

It may also be that Gabriel has agreed to join and were just confirming the payment structures.

Who knows...
I agree with you about the possibility of Brands negotiating the price down but my point was that in trying to do so he could have lost the player if todays story regarding Real Madrid are true. To be honest I don't think that prices will fall that much especially for the very good players.

I agree with you about the possibility of Brands negotiating the price down but my point was that in trying to do so he could have lost the player if todays story regarding Real Madrid are true. To be honest I don't think that prices will fall that much especially for the very good players.

Yes if thats the case i will also be annoyed.

Who knows...

I think we wait late into the window, and I also think prices will really start to rumble by August.

If there is a 50% reduction in spending/prices, that isn't just that every player drops by half. Early into the market I see some attempts to try and keep business as usual. Depending how quickly sellers move from that will probably dictate how severe the crash is later. However by August it could be open season for a shred negotiator like Brands. I like how he is targeting people with only 12 months left too.

Lets put it this way, if say Chelsea and Madrid get sorted and there are no buyers left for Gabriel, Lille need to sell, by August we will be in a really strong position.

Status
Not open for further replies.