Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a viable option, Brands locks away the safe in January and I don't see us signing King at all based on absolutely nothing of course.
We shouldn't even be in this position in the first place, Letting Kean go is just bonkers.
We don't know the ins and outs of the Kean transfer
Is there an option to buy ?
Not that I am aware off
Did the lad push for a loan with the Euros coming up ?
Does Raoila now owe us a favour ?
Do we want a top class keeper next summer ?
Has Raoila got a top class keeper coming on stream for free next summer ?
All of these and more have been put forward as reasons .
Trust Carlo and Brands .
I am sure they know better than us lot

Not that I am aware off
Trust Carlo and Brands .

How do they put the figs in the fig rolls?

Not that I am aware off
Trust Carlo and Brands .
Who knows why we let him go and brought no one else in, I'm not gonna soak my pants because I'll just take it as it comes, We'd have to be really unlucky to have DCL/Richarlison out at the same time.

I think in regards to having the money for a Sarr or Benrahma, that will be a game of brinkmanship. I actually think we will add a forward from the Championship, but Brands will want the very best deal possible. Look at the breakdown of costs for James, Doucoure and Godfrey. All of them for under market value and we got a great deal for Allan too. I expect we will wait and see which club blinks. There are 4 or 5 players who would improve our squad. Especially if we can get Besic and Bolasie out too.

We don't play a game until the window fully closes, so there is no immediate rush.
Exactly
With match day revenue slashed, no bail out from the PL coming any day soon ,I can see a lot of EFL chairmen having heated and worrying Zoom meetings with their accountants
Maybe Godfery was always on the cards and our looking for loans showed Norwich we were not desperate to buy so they reduced their asking price
Brands knows how to get a bargain ,but he also gets Carlo who Carlo wants i.e. Allan ,James, Doucoure
So if Carlo wants backup Brands will deliver
They obviously knew letting Kean go on loan leaves us short up front

I think it's obvious we'll slide down the league if any crucial injuries. I'd rather chance it with Simms and see what he can do. So we should have him on the bench going forward. Maybe that is plan anyway seeing as he's been scoring lately in the U23s - good finishes too.

I think it's obvious we'll slide down the league if any crucial injuries. I'd rather chance it with Simms and see what he can do. So we should have him on the bench going forward. Maybe that is plan anyway seeing as he's been scoring lately in the U23s - good finishes too.

We’ve had “any injuries”. Holgate hasn’t played a minute, Allan missed the last game, Richarlison essentially missed the last game.

It must be the case that we are bringing in a striker from one of the lower divisions as we couldn't expect to go through season with so few strikers, one of which is recovering from a career threatening injury. It could be King we are after but I think Deeney would be a better fit. His contract finishes at end of this season so Watford need to sell for what they can get - we've spent a fair amount with very little coming the other way in sales so we need to be careful we dont waste money here overpaying for a player who will be a squad player. Deeney has scored regularly in the premier league and he's excellent at holding ball up front. He knows Doucoure's game and they link extremely well together. But most importantly he gives everything to win a game of football with a great desire to win and he'd be a great character in the dressing room. He'd be coming into a team at the top of the league with brilliant internationals, a dream come true for a player like him to finally prove his worth at the end of his career. Age is the big downside but he could be a present day Andy Gray.
Lifetime ban there mate

Status
Not open for further replies.