Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could, then id move all 14 players on. They arent good enough.

We then have;

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer
RB: ??? / Coleman
RCB: Keane / Mina
LCB: ??? Holgate / Branthwaite
LB: Digne / Nkounkou
DM: Allan / Gbamin
CM: Doucoure / Davies
CM: ??? / Gomes
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL / Kean
RF: James / ???

14 out and 4 players in. No doubt we wont be able to shift all of them but a mega sale wouldnt negatively affect us with an astute 4 signings / loans.

If we want to play James centrally

With Zaha would need to play something like this;

Richarlison James Zaha
DCL​

I think that Richarlison is either best up top or on the left in this system, so lets say we go;

??? James Richarlison
DCL​

Top target: Chiesa (Fiorentina) 22, 2 years left on deal
2nd Target: Sarr (Watford) 22, 4 years on deal
3rd Target: Bailey (Leverkusen) 23, 3 years on deal

Id also look at Brooks as a different type of player but someone who can play so were not always reliant on James.

If we want to keep James on the right

The most obvious thing to do is sign Emerson at right back to overlap with James.

The second option would be to sign Bruno Guimaraes so we have rotation options across centre midfield. Allan/Doucoure/Guimaraes is a very competitive trio with Gomes in/out as well.

Wildcard option would be to sign Riqui Puig from Barca on loan.

For me the Zaha option would come in below all those options and probably one or two more.

I would throw in a bid for Zaha on Friday though...an amount under what they would accept to unsettle him :p

The left side looks fantastic. Digne/Nkounkou + Richarlison/Gordon.

Comparing the profiles, quality and ages of the players with Coleman/Kenny + James/Iwobi theres a stark contrast.

If not this window then i think next summer there will be changes there.

Gordon is ideal to rotate with Richarlison. Ive got high hopes for him and expect him and Nkounkou to tear up Fleetwood.

As long as we can keep our front three fit, I think we'll carry on with a front three.

No way are we going to splash out any money on wingers, and certainly not one as pricey as Zaha.

What is really important to the way that we play is having two rampaging wing backs. The right side is slightly weak at the moment, so the ideal thing would be to sell Kenny and buy a RB capable of running at defenders all day long. I'm not sure that's going to happen though this window. My money says we'll just make one more addition, and that will be a CB.

Can we please have a separate thread about OED definitions of words like world and class whilst the rest of us look expectantly for transfers in here?

We then have;

14 out and 4 players in. No doubt we wont be able to shift all of them but a mega sale wouldnt negatively affect us with an astute 4 signings / loans.

Richarlison James Zaha
DCL​

I think that Richarlison is either best up top or on the left in this system, so lets say we go;

??? James Richarlison
DCL​

Id also look at Brooks as a different type of player but someone who can play so were not always reliant on James.

The most obvious thing to do is sign Emerson at right back to overlap with James.

The second option would be to sign Bruno Guimaraes so we have rotation options across centre midfield. Allan/Doucoure/Guimaraes is a very competitive trio with Gomes in/out as well.

For me the Zaha option would come in below all those options and probably one or two more.

I would throw in a bid for Zaha on Friday though...an amount under what they would accept to unsettle him :p

Comparing the profiles, quality and ages of the players with Coleman/Kenny + James/Iwobi theres a stark contrast.

Gordon is ideal to rotate with Richarlison. Ive got high hopes for him and expect him and Nkounkou to tear up Fleetwood.
Right hand side is definitely a concern. Emerson looks like a great athletic overlapping full back.
Should be looking at France for CM. They seem to have loads of strong athletic midfielders. We might be able to find a cheap one. How much would Chiesa cost?
Not sure on Zaha but he can play different positions upfront so id be happy. They would have to accept players off us plus cash.
Must assume that a CB is incoming following Carlos interviews.
Think our aim this year is Europe. Top four would be amazing. First 11 is very good. Siggy iwobi may step up their game from the bench.
Were on the way up. 3 class signings next season and we could be really challenging

We then have;

Richarlison James Zaha
DCL​

??? James Richarlison
DCL​

With all of these ideal 'football manager' type signings you cannot just look at ability and current standing.

Does the player 100% want to come. No more 'step in career' nonsense. We are here to win.
Can they settle in England and to the demands of this league.

Transfers are so complicated. I would like us to bring in a right sided player of similar qualities to Richarlison. But I think it will depend on outgoings.

As long as we can keep our front three fit, I think we'll carry on with a front three.

No way are we going to splash out any money on wingers, and certainly not one as pricey as Zaha.

What is really important to the way that we play is having two rampaging wing backs. The right side is slightly weak at the moment, so the ideal thing would be to sell Kenny and buy a RB capable of running at defenders all day long. I'm not sure that's going to happen though this window. My money says we'll just make one more addition, and that will be a CB.

Likely outcome is Tomori on loan. Winger will be a bonus.

And we really should get rid of the 10/11 deadwoods before 5 Oct.

This is what i wrote;

Richarlison is pretty close to world class at what he does.

Seel the quote;
Richarlison is pretty close to world class at what he does. Doucoure, him and Allan are all top notch at what they do.

If you just want someone fast then Walcott is fast. Bailey is rapid as well...

Thing is, i would hope Ancelotti and Brands would be able to source a far better player than Zaha.

Here is your comment later;

you may not have but I was replying to someone that said he was.

No one has said hes world class.

passing isn’t anywhere near good enough to be labeled world class . As I said I love richy and he was our best player by a mile until recently. But people on here calling him world class are over rating him by a lot. If he was world class ... out of those 12 take ons you mentioned how many resulted in goals, shots on target or chances created? Like I said I’m not attacking him I just can’t agree he’s world class
mbappe , Ronaldo , Messi , bale ( on form)are all world class ... Salah , mane , hazard are a level below them . If any of them players had the chances he had this season they wouldn’t have missed the target with every shot against spurs and wouldn’t be in zero goals. Again I’m not attacking him but he’s not anywhere near world class
I didn’t say he was world class either
And again ok he didn’t have his shooting boots on at spurs as they say, but still had quite a few shots.
If world class is 10 out of 10 I would say Richarlison is an 8.
This is this bit I disagree with ( not anywhere near) come on be serious . He’s not at level As the players you mentioned. But he’s much better than Mané & Salah at the same age
this is my point too... a world class player would not have missed the target with every shot last week . They’re world class for a reason .... they’re exceptional, consistent And in an attacking position they are ruthless in front of goal. Lewondoski , Ronaldo , Messi , mbappe , bale , Neymar etc would be sitting on 4-5 goals rather than saying they could have been while actually sitting on zero. Again for anyone reading I love richy ... just don’t think he’s world class ...
At the same age ...... that’s neither here nor there. The original post said he’s world class , not that he “could “ be or “ will” be ... he’s not even at sterling level and I don’t think he’s world class either. Depends on what you define as world class .. I take it as being in the top 5 or so players in your position , others class it as the player would be selected in a world 11. I’m not sure how you define it but based on the two ways above he doesn’t fit into world class. He’s a good player already and still young but he’s not a world class player... if he was he properly wouldn’t be here.
scores a ton too doesn’t he ? he’s also scored a lot of goals over the course of 3-4 seasons now Hasn’t he . Not being world class isn’t an insult .... there are very few that are , that’s the point.
I agree he's not yet world class. I think he's got all the ingredients though. Stick him in a team with other top players and he's scoring for fun. Hopefully James in the team this year will show that! Surely he'll be brazil's no9 soon enough too.

Which other players who play that left sided role weve seen him in;

1:All action
Have the same heart, energy, stamina and desire to consistently go up and down doing both the defensive/offensive work? Yes you may find a Neymar who is a 10/10 going forward but a 3/10 defensively. Richarlison wins the ball just as often as he goes past players. Hes an absolute machine.

2: Creating
Not only creating goals for others as we saw with him squaring for DCL yesterday. His movement draws defenders and opens up space for DCL and Digne especially. Not only that but last season in the box you can see how many times he scored or went close with headers...hes a threat with his movement but also left/right/headed chances. Fantastic all rounder.

3: Potential
He's 23 and has had a meteoric rise from joining and having a season at Watford to 2 years at Everton. Its quite incredible to think back to when we signed him and now how much his all round game has developed. Hes almost been so highly rated as one of our two best players that weve focused on DCLs development and not his. The role hes in now with superior quality players is unleashing him as not only a goalscorer, a hardworker but also a chance creator. Hes such a rounded player.

Which other players in world football in his position match his defensive ability with his attacking threat?

With all of these ideal 'football manager' type signings you cannot just look at ability and current standing.

Does the player 100% want to come. No more 'step in career' nonsense. We are here to win.

Transfers are so complicated. I would like us to bring in a right sided player of similar qualities to Richarlison. But I think it will depend on outgoings.

the personality and the mentality of the player should be as important as technical skills.
If we got a worldie in who was a bit of a knob and disrupted the changing room, I’d see that as a huge own goal.

This is key obviously, but the thing we’ve been lacking is goals from midfielders. Davies, Gomes et al hardly seem arsed about having a go from 20/25 yards. Well the 3 new boys are already putting that right. Last season teams knew that if they nullified Richarlison and DCL, hardly anyone else was a threat.

I would prefer to Sign somebody younger than Zaha and somebody whose natural position is on the right (even though Zaha did play there at times against Utd) . However if Zaha was signed he would certainly go straight into the team with JR going central and Gomes probably dropping out. Zaha is a fine player and a real attacking threat.

I agree it becomes 'dangerous' to add to the James/Allan/Doucoure/Digne/Keane 27-29 age group. In 3 years time we would need to have other players pushing them.

Thats ok if we get top 4 this or next year but seems like a short term strategy to me.

Right hand side is definitely a concern. Emerson looks like a great athletic overlapping full back.
Should be looking at France for CM. They seem to have loads of strong athletic midfielders. We might be able to find a cheap one. How much would Chiesa cost?
Not sure on Zaha but he can play different positions upfront so id be happy. They would have to accept players off us plus cash.
Must assume that a CB is incoming following Carlos interviews.
Think our aim this year is Europe. Top four would be amazing. First 11 is very good. Siggy iwobi may step up their game from the bench.
Were on the way up. 3 class signings next season and we could be really challenging

The 2 players id go for are Emerson and Tomori.

Both have pace at the back which we lack, are athletic and have high potential. Were also well stocked in both positions so theres a chance to ease them into the side if needed and take them out from time to time.

It seems a shame to have James and not have an attacking right back to complement him.

It also seems a shame to have such a good group of midfielders and attacking players but need to sit deep as weve no defensive pace.

I really only posted that because of all the Zaha shouts.

Possibly the most similar player to Richarlison that ive seen but on the right is Orsolini at Bologna...check him out. Only 2 years on his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.