Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
passing isn’t anywhere near good enough to be labeled world class . As I said I love richy and he was our best player by a mile until recently. But people on here calling him world class are over rating him by a lot. If he was world class ... out of those 12 take ons you mentioned how many resulted in goals, shots on target or chances created? Like I said I’m not attacking him I just can’t agree he’s world class
I didn’t say he was world class either
And again ok he didn’t have his shooting boots on at spurs as they say, but still had quite a few shots.
If world class is 10 out of 10 I would say Richarlison is an 8.

I didn’t say he was world class either
And again ok he didn’t have his shooting boots on at spurs as they say, but still had quite a few shots.
If world class is 10 out of 10 I would say Richarlison is an 8.

you may not have but I was replying to someone that said he was.

mbappe , Ronaldo , Messi , bale ( on form)are all world class ... Salah , mane , hazard are a level below them . If any of them players had the chances he had this season they wouldn’t have missed the target with every shot against spurs and wouldn’t be in zero goals. Again I’m not attacking him but he’s not anywhere near world class
This is this bit I disagree with ( not anywhere near) come on be serious . He’s not at level As the players you mentioned. But he’s much better than Mané & Salah at the same age

Isn't that the point?

Could have

Could have doesn't win games, a bit like saying he could have 45 goals this season, but here he is on 7 come may.

We know he can score goals but as I said last week, we need him to be scoring these could have chances. Even just one , that one could be a winner in a game where we struggle.

All credit due , lewen has taken those chances so far.

this is my point too... a world class player would not have missed the target with every shot last week . They’re world class for a reason .... they’re exceptional, consistent And in an attacking position they are ruthless in front of goal. Lewondoski , Ronaldo , Messi , mbappe , bale , Neymar etc would be sitting on 4-5 goals rather than saying they could have been while actually sitting on zero. Again for anyone reading I love richy ... just don’t think he’s world class ...

This is this bit I disagree with ( not anywhere near) come on be serious . He’s not at level As the players you mentioned. But he’s much better than Mané & Salah at the same age

At the same age ...... that’s neither here nor there. The original post said he’s world class , not that he “could “ be or “ will” be ... he’s not even at sterling level and I don’t think he’s world class either. Depends on what you define as world class .. I take it as being in the top 5 or so players in your position , others class it as the player would be selected in a world 11. I’m not sure how you define it but based on the two ways above he doesn’t fit into world class. He’s a good player already and still young but he’s not a world class player... if he was he properly wouldn’t be here.

this is my point too... a world class player would not have missed the target with every shot last week . They’re world class for a reason .... they’re exceptional, consistent And in an attacking position they are ruthless in front of goal. Lewondoski , Ronaldo , Messi , mbappe , bale , Neymar etc would be sitting on 4-5 goals rather than saying they could have been while actually sitting on zero. Again for anyone reading I love richy ... just don’t think he’s world class ...
Salah misses a ton of chances every week.

Agree, basically I think you need to keep most of the 5 you mentioned unless you replace them (as you suggest). If we can replace them then:

Personally I’d keep Sigurdsson
Delph can go (no replacement)
Kenny can go and replace with a starting RB
Bernard and Walcott can go and replace with starting RW
A definite 11.

Walcott - yes, should go now that Iwobo is the backup. In the final 9 months of his contract.
Bolasie - yes
Sandro - yes
Besic - yes
Pennington - yes
Connolly - yes
Bowler - yes
Sigurdsson - stay cos still an option for the team.
Bernard - yes in particular if we sign a right-side winger yes.
Tosun - yes but he is injured so he will probably leave in January.
Delph - yes
Kenny - on the fence unless we can move him on and sign a rb which at this stage is unlikely.
Lossl - stay because we need three senior keepers.
Bamingime - yes
Kenny Walcott and Keep one of Siggy/Bernard. But we also need cover at CB

If we could, then id move all 14 players on. They arent good enough.

We then have;

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer
RB: ??? / Coleman
RCB: Keane / Mina
LCB: ??? Holgate / Branthwaite
LB: Digne / Nkounkou
DM: Allan / Gbamin
CM: Doucoure / Davies
CM: ??? / Gomes
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL / Kean
RF: James / ???

14 out and 4 players in. No doubt we wont be able to shift all of them but a mega sale wouldnt negatively affect us with an astute 4 signings / loans.

Atm Zaha probably wouldn’t get in the team. However if one of the front 3 got a knock he would be a great replacement. If you got Zaha then you guess Gomez would drop out and James would go in Gomez place with Rich on the left.

Richarlison can play on the right Zat (he does for Brazil)

Signing a LW wouldn't be the end of the world if a quality one was available compared to an average or risky RW.

If we want to play James centrally

With Zaha would need to play something like this;

Richarlison James Zaha
DCL​

I think that Richarlison is either best up top or on the left in this system, so lets say we go;

??? James Richarlison
DCL​

Top target: Chiesa (Fiorentina) 22, 2 years left on deal
2nd Target: Sarr (Watford) 22, 4 years on deal
3rd Target: Bailey (Leverkusen) 23, 3 years on deal

Id also look at Brooks as a different type of player but someone who can play so were not always reliant on James.

If we want to keep James on the right

The most obvious thing to do is sign Emerson at right back to overlap with James.

The second option would be to sign Bruno Guimaraes so we have rotation options across centre midfield. Allan/Doucoure/Guimaraes is a very competitive trio with Gomes in/out as well.

Wildcard option would be to sign Riqui Puig from Barca on loan.

For me the Zaha option would come in below all those options and probably one or two more.

I would throw in a bid for Zaha on Friday though...an amount under what they would accept to unsettle him :p

Gordon has a real shot a becoming a top player on the left side when he gets his man strength and a bit more experience

The left side looks fantastic. Digne/Nkounkou + Richarlison/Gordon.

Comparing the profiles, quality and ages of the players with Coleman/Kenny + James/Iwobi theres a stark contrast.

If not this window then i think next summer there will be changes there.

Gordon is ideal to rotate with Richarlison. Ive got high hopes for him and expect him and Nkounkou to tear up Fleetwood.

scores a ton too doesn’t he ? he’s also scored a lot of goals over the course of 3-4 seasons now Hasn’t he . Not being world class isn’t an insult .... there are very few that are , that’s the point.
I agree he's not yet world class. I think he's got all the ingredients though. Stick him in a team with other top players and he's scoring for fun. Hopefully James in the team this year will show that! Surely he'll be brazil's no9 soon enough too.

I agree he's not yet world class. I think he's got all the ingredients though. Stick him in a team with other top players and he's scoring for fun. Hopefully James in the team this year will show that! Surely he'll be brazil's no9 soon enough too.

he has got talent and he seems to have the attitude but even with all that very few make it to world class level . I mean even in the premhow many are world class? KDB , Aubameyang? After that there is Salah and that’s really the only ones that spring to mind ... oh and VVD ... in attacking positions lewonowski , Ronaldo , Messi , mbappe , Neymar are the obvious ones ... players that would walk into any team on the planet. Richy is not there at this present time

scores a ton too doesn’t he ? he’s also scored a lot of goals over the course of 3-4 seasons now Hasn’t he . Not being world class isn’t an insult .... there are very few that are , that’s the point.
Like I said ‘World class’ is such a nebulous and therefore often contentious appellation.
Can we just settle on ‘dead boss’?
Dead boss is more than good enough for me.

Mbappe and Neymar missed chance after chance in the CL final. Not every player scores bagfulls week in week out.

The front 3 we are playing at the moment are the best mix of abilities in decades.
Richarlison, DCL and James combined have everything. DCL should be on 6+ goals already. When was the last time we could say that after 2 games.

he has got talent and he seems to have the attitude but even with all that very few make it to world class level . I mean even in the premhow many are world class? KDB , Aubameyang? After that there is Salah and that’s really the only ones that spring to mind ... oh and VVD ... in attacking positions lewonowski , Ronaldo , Messi , mbappe , Neymar are the obvious ones ... players that would walk into any team on the planet. Richy is not there at this present time

James Rodriguez.

He is world class. He makes it look effortless.

Atm Zaha probably wouldn’t get in the team. However if one of the front 3 got a knock he would be a great replacement. If you got Zaha then you guess Gomez would drop out and James would go in Gomez place with Rich on the left.
I would prefer to Sign somebody younger than Zaha and somebody whose natural position is on the right (even though Zaha did play there at times against Utd) . However if Zaha was signed he would certainly go straight into the team with JR going central and Gomes probably dropping out. Zaha is a fine player and a real attacking threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.