Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too shocked to see Emerson not in the Barca squad considering her doesn’t play for them:p
Haha, I know what you're saying buddy but everyone knows he is. It's as simple as you can buy your £10 back for £1 but until you buy him back we'll pay him his wages - great business. The point I was making was with barca starting season next Sunday if he or Todibo were going to be involved with barca this season you'd imagine they'd have been in team/squad last night hence why I linked them both to us in transfer thread about being available to come to us.

It's reported as a "per week" amount, but players have not been paid that way for a very long time, probably since the 1970's. Most modern players are probably paid into a company registed in Switzerland or the cayman Islands and then pay themselves a dividend at the end of the year, so they can pay as little tax as possible.
Yeah I would have expected this too. But apparently I did read somewhere that player salaries are all PAYE. So pay a full 40% tax..

We haven’t got the squad depth to challenge for top 4 but I’m sure a number of teams will be concerned about us after Sunday. We need to get a viable CB option in as quickly as possible.
I agree we do, however there was a clip played on the radio earlier of Carlo saying no more purchases as he is happy with the squad. Must say i was a little bit alarmed as even against L2 opposition they targeted our right side weakness and we clearly do need another CB also due to Branthwaites injury.

I agree we do, however there was a clip played on the radio earlier of Carlo saying no more purchases as he is happy with the squad. Must say i was a little bit alarmed as even against L2 opposition they targeted our right side weakness and we clearly do need another CB also due to Branthwaites injury.
Ideally we need a top quality RB to rotate with Coleman. Against teams with real pace on the left I think we could get exposed. Seems unless someone comes in for JJK then we’ll make do.

CB deffo a worry but a loan will suffice until Holgate returns. Hopefully Branthwaite’s injury isn’t serious.

I think you need to see the cover more as how they would perform as 1 or 2 coming into the team. Tom Davies with Doucoure and gomes would function ok.

Gordon coming in to give DCL a rest would work well.

Kenny could do a job etc.

Changing 10 players just gives us last year’s team. But 1 or 2 at a time and we can rest players without a hugely detrimental impact on the team.

A major injury crisis anyone would struggle with (like spurs last year). All but city would struggle losing their 3 best players though.
All good points.

I’m actually very interested in, assuming we do bring more players in, the quality of those players and the pull that our early performances plus Carlo plus James plus Allan gives the club.

CB
RW
RB.

Keep saying it but I would be so confident that we could take on the top 6 home and away with the following.

I feel like we have to go for it now signing James, Allan and Doucoure pointless only going half in isn’t it?

Agree with the right back, centre back options, but wouldn't another winger hold Gordon back even more ? Can see a big future for Gordon has the touch and the pace. Have to be really top class winger/ forward, then maybe ...

It's reported as a "per week" amount, but players have not been paid that way for a very long time, probably since the 1970's. Most modern players are probably paid into a company registed in Switzerland or the cayman Islands and then pay themselves a dividend at the end of the year, so they can pay as little tax as possible.
Isn't this the sort of thing Rangers got caught doing and punished severely for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.