Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you see the business other clubs are still doing like Bale to Spurs / Under to Leicester I still think if we are to really push for top 7/Europe we need 2-3 more quality additions.

Winger with pace, back up CF and CB cover on loan for me.

Would like another RB but if needs be I imagine Coleman could give us one more season worse case scenario - maybe the new midfield will help him over the line.

'Other clubs are doing' ffs mate.

We've signed three top quality players who have transformed our midfield. Yes there's still work to do.

Under is hot and cold. Trust me, I wouldn't be considering Leicester as suddenly loads better cause they're signing him. Good player but not really kicked on at all in the last two years. It's not like he transforms their team in the way James does ours, for example.

Bale has more work to do to get back up to speed than James and, frankly, so what. Spurs are on a level playing field with us as far as I'm concerned now bar Kane. Son is obviously excellent but the rest of their squad is bang average. If they add Bale it's that little bit of star dust like we've added with James, except with a worse injury record.

There's plenty of work still to do but it's mainly outs. Those outs shouldn't be in areas that we're already short in, because that means we have to spend even more money.

We need a winger badly, we’ve called out for one for a long time

But we don't just need any winger. We need a good one, a really good one.

Under is alright. He'll probably do just fine at Leicester. If it goes really well for them they've got a very talented player. But he's been in and out at Roma for the last two seasons.Six goals across the last two seasons in the league.

Same with Bailey. Really talented player, but very inconsistent. Because he's young and unless you're very special, that happens.

I'd be happy if we signed either of them but they wouldn't be guaranteed successes. Has to be the right player and ultimately we have 2 (at least) wingers we need to get rid of to bring one in.

Just sign crap PL footballers who don’t score

That seems to be the plan in this thread

The Kean out, King in shouts are baffling me a bit.

Me and a few others - I think @Nymzee was always a big fan but can't remember for sure - banged the King drum for a while. He is a solid player. Got a good amount of pace and has Prem experience etc.

Does he take us to that next level now? Nah, not really. Not with the players we've brought in. He's not played effectively as a winger for a long time now. Is he better than either Dom or Richarlison up top? No. Would it simply stall Kean further? Yes.

You get someone like Zaha - as an example but there are others out there obviously - who'd come into the starting XI/squad whatever, as an improvement in a position we drastically need. If our second option for a wide role suddenly becomes Zaha or Richarlison (depending on the formation clearly) over Walcott, then we're onto a winner, aren't we.

The Kean out, King in shouts are baffling me a bit.

Me and a few others - I think @Nymzee was always a big fan but can't remember for sure - banged the King drum for a while. He is a solid player. Got a good amount of pace and has Prem experience etc.

Does he take us to that next level now? Nah, not really. Not with the players we've brought in. He's not played effectively as a winger for a long time now. Is he better than either Dom or Richarlison up top? No. Would it simply stall Kean further? Yes.

You get someone like Zaha - as an example but there are others out there obviously - who'd come into the starting XI/squad whatever, as an improvement in a position we drastically need. If our second option for a wide role suddenly becomes Zaha or Richarlison (depending on the formation clearly) over Walcott, then we're onto a winner, aren't we.

In all honesty, I’d rather look towards Europe or South America for talent than hand anything over for Zaha and or King. In fact I’d rather have Gordon than Zaha, he has more of a footballing brain.

.... So.... Uhhh..... Yeah
118155196_2941250912645640_4517216651036919687_n.png

Just as bad.

We simply don't have enough firepower / goals out wide / up top.

Winger with pace to burn & reliable CF to cover DCL is essential.

Obviously a CB on loan is also needed.

Zaha / Bailey
King
Arias (Loan)
Tomori (Loan)

Would be ideal with 5-6 out the door.
Let's say Richarlison and DCL somehow don't improve and get 13 each again (this is unlikely.) Add in probably worst case 6 or 7 from James, 10 or so combined from Doucoure, Gomes and Allan, a few from the various fullbacks and 5 from the CBs on set plays and you're up to the 50s. Last year we had 4 from players not in our most used XI (which will probably not be so low again but let's take that number) and two OGs for us. That is almost 60 goals without adding anything so long as we play to our current level. Anybody improves, whether it be Kean, DCL, Richarlison, Gordon, or whoever else and we've got a chance to be a real attacking force. So relax.

I'd love us to come up with an inspiring signing similar to when Spurs got Llorente. Happy to be back up but still proven quality and can come in and do a job.

We need depth pretty much all over the pitch for me.

I think given our injuries a CB should be our main goal, followed by a RB.

Then it's a case of whatever else we can.

Think we will be fairly busy the next 2/3 weeks

Simply put in the slower Italian league surrounded by world class Juve players he can afford to stroll around and wait around the box for scraps - in the prem he just cant do it.

At the minimum he needs to go out on loan to the championship and play week in week out which he isnt getting at Everton.

Any striker worth their salt bags a brace tonight against those Salford players - kin league 2 opposition. He's just one of those players I feel who isnt suited to English football - he'll likely do well in France/Italy/Germany.

Since when did he do that at Juventus lol

Neither Emerson rb or Todibo cb in barcelona team /squad tonight. Activate flight tracker.

Emerson is still at Betis. 50/50 ownership but Barca can buy them out.

Thats why it would be a permanent not a loan deal as Barca would be out of pocket otherwise.

But we don't just need any winger. We need a good one, a really good one.

Under is alright. He'll probably do just fine at Leicester. If it goes really well for them they've got a very talented player. But he's been in and out at Roma for the last two seasons.Six goals across the last two seasons in the league.

Same with Bailey. Really talented player, but very inconsistent. Because he's young and unless you're very special, that happens.

I'd be happy if we signed either of them but they wouldn't be guaranteed successes. Has to be the right player and ultimately we have 2 (at least) wingers we need to get rid of to bring one in.

To be fair to Bailey hes been shunted onto the left alot. On the right hes a good player.

Our left sided 4 look great with Digne/ Nkounkou and Richarlson/Gordon.

The right with Coleman/Kenny and James/Walcott really needs improving. Thats going to be our undoing this season i think unless we at least sign a right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.